7.5 ft setup, Help setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
I am starting to get lost in all this C-band/BUD dish setup. I have a 7.5 ft C-band dish, it was working about 10 miles down the road (so i assume the settings are fine). I understand that the pole needs to be level in all directions. Now what do i do. I put the dish on the pole and tighten the dish to the pole so that the thing is pointing south<i think>.

My actuator was rusted up, but working now. But i need to completely reinstall it. When puting it on, should it be all the way out or in? where sould the arm clamp on the actuator?

And the biggest problem, how do i get one of my receivers to work with the actuator? (furthest west sat/ furthest east) and when i tell my receiver a certain sat the the dish will actually be there.

Another question, how far off (up) the southwest sky is my southernmost sat? (there are some tall trees (forest) about 400 ft west of my dish)

So far i have received some signals and been able to power the acuator.

I am in central-wisconsin if that helps. If i could be pointed in the right direction, i think i can handle this.

i4tas said:
My actuator was rusted up, but working now. But i need to completely reinstall it. When puting it on, should it be all the way out or in? where sould the arm clamp on the actuator?
Doesn't matter whether in or out and you should be able to tell where it was...

i4tas said:
So far i have received some signals and been able to power the acuator.
what signals?

First of all, it has moved up and down when i fixed it and greased it up, so i put it back on the dish. The bottom clamp is in a different place and so when i tell my c-band receiver to go to a satellite it will just move it 'X' degrees east, it won't accutally land on the sat. And now when i tell it to go to AMC7 it thinks the acuator won't come in any further, even though there is space. By the way the receiver i am using only has buttons: EAST, WEST, CH UP, CH Down.

I am working on getting my better one setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)