7 year DN customer looking to switch to D*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bub

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Hello,

I am a very longtime customer of DN, over 7 years. Currently, I have the 508 SD and the 811 HD receivers. I’m interested in finding out what sort of ‘deal’ is available from DirecTV with comparable equipment, HD receiver and SD receiver with recording capabilities. I have two TV’s, one a HD widescreen and the other a 27in SD at the other end of the house from the currently mounted DN 500 and 301 wing (61.5) setup. I watch both HD and SD on the widescreen and SD on the 27in. Since DN has UHF based remotes, I have an additional remote at the far end of the house that controls the SD receiver that is situated near the HD TV.

Do the DirecTV receivers now have UHF remotes? If not, how would I continue to use a similar setup with DirecTV? I feed the 27in TV the SD signal through the 508’s coax out. I feed my HD TV through the 811’s component outs (my set does NOT have any digital HD inputs) and SD through the S-Video outs of the 508.

What sort of prices does DirecTV offer new subscribers for both a HD receiver and the newer 80GB dual SD receiver? I am under no programming commitment with DN and both receivers I own free and clear, as well as the two dishes and the 64 switch. Does DirecTV offer any OTA antenna with their HD setup?

I’ve searched on the DirecTV site but am unclear about local programming. They appear to offer locals at my zip, 72943 but I’m confused about their offering of local HD networks. Would it be possible for you to explain this to me?

Thank you for any help and happy holidays,

George Fitting -bub

I just switched over to D* myself couple of days ago. I went to Value electronics www.valueelectronics.com and they set me up with everything I needed. They are wonderful people and are more than willing to help you out. Not to mention if you are a satelliteguys member, you get 10% of your order, so not a bad deal at all. I highly recommend them for all your needs.

Ultimate Electronics (Soundtrack) had a deal over Thanksgiving where you could get a 3 room set up including the Samsung 360 HD receiver, and 80 hr RCA DirecTivo and a standard RCA receiver for free including installation (after rebates). My brother in law was able to get a $300.00 credit towards 10-250 HD DirecTivo for the Samsung for a total cost of $700.00.

Phil T said:
Ultimate Electronics (Soundtrack) had a deal over Thanksgiving where you could get a 3 room set up including the Samsung 360 HD receiver, and 80 hr RCA DirecTivo and a standard RCA receiver for free including installation (after rebates). My brother in law was able to get a $300.00 credit towards 10-250 HD DirecTivo for the Samsung for a total cost of $700.00.

I saw this one too at that time. Had I not been a subscriber already and had the same equipment I would have jumped on this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)