70+ more channels on W5

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm a bit lost, sorry....what would I do to check this possible "gain" on my 922 4D, and...will it adversely affect my subs on W5 from SRL and my other satellite's subs/maps/availability? Don't want to lose my existing programming to an experiment.

Sorry to seem dense. Things seem to be moving rapidly here. Thanks for the posting and all the enthusiasm people are showing here! It's refreshing!

Follow the link in my post above and this will explain what you need to do for your 922.

I'm a bit lost, sorry....what would I do to check this possible "gain" on my 922 4D, and...will it adversely affect my subs on W5 from SRL and my other satellite's subs/maps/availability? Don't want to lose my existing programming to an experiment.

Sorry to seem dense. Things seem to be moving rapidly here. Thanks for the posting and all the enthusiasm people are showing here! It's refreshing!

I got subs and it's not hurting anything. For those who don't want to tinker though don't worry about it now. All we have found is Comcasts side of Motorola is doing something to make this work and that is good news. If and when it becomes official. I'm sure Skyvision and SRL will have instructions on how the transition will take place. Including setup instructions.

Some of us like to tinker though :D

Follow the link in my post above and this will explain what you need to do for your 922.

I'm going to copy your post here:

For 920/921/922 & 4200 users...
I did the following and am receiving the DMX channels on W5.

On a 922 after a soft reset, (unplug the receiver and plug it back in again),
Channel count under (options-6-5) went to 4973 while on Satellite G1.
The 922 was on W5 for the last several days and only today did I notice that a new satellite icon called A I was on my list of satellites (options-6-4-4) directly to the right of W5. See below for more on this satellite. While sitting on G1 this icon did not disappear but since I had programmed it in beforehand I have no idea if satellite G1 has it on that data-stream. Channel count on the 922 is now at 4978.

Program in AI at the W5 slot! This is a New C-band satellite do not confuse it with A1 which is the *Choice satellite and that is a ku sat.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the 920 after a soft reset channel count on satellite G0 the was 4756 then went to 4749. No new satellites were added on satellite G0. This receiver was on W1 for the past several days and no changes were made to the maps while there.
After going to satellite W5-411 channel count jumped to 5138 .
This 389 channel increase is the addition of a new satellite icon directly to the right of the W5 icon named (AI) not A1 but A I .
This satellite has a bunch of channels on it at it seems to include the DMX channels at the 900 range. This satellite did not come off the G0 data stream but only on the W5 data- stream. (Trees prevent this dish from getting a signal from G1.)

I have no idea where the extra 160 channels are from on the 920.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 921 *Choice receiver picked up the AI icon on July 17th while checking out a few things and it was also on satellite W5 at the time.
The channel count on the 921 is at 4805 under (options-6-5) on G1
The channel count while slaved to the 922 at the new AI satellite is 4810
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: The channel maps do not appear to change on the DMX channels on AI.
The channel maps do change while on AI-200 but not on the 900 channels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the DSR 4200 V you can find the DMX channels on W5 at
1190.000 19.51 3/4 0-63
1270.000 19.51 3/4 0-71
1330.000 19.51 3/4 0-166
1350.000 19.51 3/4 0-72
1410.000 19.51 3/4 0-65
This info the 4200 users will know what to do with.

My guide was empty. I kept my 4D from updating a couple weeks now. When I heard this I found AI in the maps since I did a soft reset last week and programmed it in at W5. And have been watching the 4D there for over an hour. My guide is updated like if I left it overnight on G1.

I think what is happening is what I was saying right along. There running the 4D's like the 921 on Shaw. They probably are doing testing as we speak since I was looking at the EMM provider line in Diagnostics A and my sub went black for a second and the FE98 0 changed to FE98 1 then back to FE98 0. It was like they sent a trip using Comcasts EMM to our boxes.

I was wondering why my guide info on the 922 taken from G1 suddenly disappeared while on the DMX channels on AI. I have also noticed that they are sending out "counter trips" to both the 920 & 922 receivers. I had never received the counter trips before on the BBC America or Fox Sports channels on W5 which are subbed separately here. (one on the 920 the other on the 922.

My 920 and 922 have not updated the guide here on AI/W5 (after a soft reset). You said yours did, What channel were you on?

The EMM provider line in Diagnostics A on both my 920 & 922 say FED4 0

I'm still not letting my 920 see the datastream. This brings up my question: Does "AI" in the 900's see ALL the DMX channels or just some of them?
If they're all there, I'll let it see the datastream again, since I still have the old DMX locations mapped in. If it loses them and gets them ALL on the new maps, I'll do it. "Cause then I'm not losing anything! :D

I'm still not letting my 920 see the datastream. This brings up my question: Does "AI" in the 900's see ALL the DMX channels or just some of them?
If they're all there, I'll let it see the datastream again, since I still have the old DMX locations mapped in. If it loses them and gets them ALL on the new maps, I'll do it. "Cause then I'm not losing anything! :D

There are 42 DMX channels on AI.

All the DMX channels are there from what I see.

What were getting is a mirror of the 410 channel lineup on AI.

After my master reset, I had TDT of 1750 and 4641 channels. After spending some time at W5 my TDT is now 1774 and 4810 channels.

I now see that I have AI. Didn't notice it before. That would explain why my channel count went up 169 channels while I was on W5. All the DMX channels are back. Pretty cool.

All the DMX channels are there from what I see.

What were getting is a mirror of the 410 channel lineup on AI.
Upon re-connecting my 920 to the satellite dish, satellite AI appeared in the list almost instantly, and the time corrected itself. Right now it's picking up both mappings of DMX, W5 and AI. Pressing "Guide" brings up the "Guide info is available on Satellite G1" screen. Maybe it needs to sit longer. I guess when the guide shows up, the W5 DMX maps will go, but that's OK now, as the DMX channels in the 900's are there and playing fine. :)

When I press guide, it says "Guide information not available". Probably because I have no subscriptions to any programming.

I do not see any guide information packets being sent out on AI under the diagnostic screen for the guide info. I have checked it on the 920 & the 922 receiver and it is the same,
nothing. Both these receivers have subscriptions to some channels on W5 and the guide indicator on diagnostic screen A is on.
Diagnostic screen F on the DSR 920/921 & 922 is where it shows the info on the guide packets being transmitted.
The trickle down method is a bit different from the one being sent on G1. With *Choice diag. screen F shows on the left 3 columns with all different numbers and across the top shows zeros. Center numbers are mostly zeros. If the 3 columns on the left do not change then there is no guide info being sent to the receiver.
The method sent out on G1 you can see all the numbers changing as the guide info is being sent and you do not have all the zeros on diag screen F like the *choice system does.

I went to G1 with my 920 and it populated the guide for the first time in months. DMX on W5 disappeared, as expected, but the AI channels have some wierd info for the guide, like it thinks some of the DMX channels are video channels. :confused:

I went to G1 with my 920 and it populated the guide for the first time in months. DMX on W5 disappeared, as expected, but the AI channels have some wierd info for the guide, like it thinks some of the DMX channels are video channels. :confused:

I saw that earlier today also with the channel names being messed up but it could be on purpose.
Didn't DMX tell Motorola they did not want to be mapped into the receiver? I could be mistaken but that was the scuttlebutt I had heard so by naming them something else, well they are used for something totally different and not listed on the actual sat name so it works out. DMX or whoever asked that they be unmapped can not complain now.

I took 19 hits to my decoder after that I saw my guide info was there. Possible Motorola was testing something when I was there and just happen to take the test?

More info

Just read this on Satforums:

>>I emailed Mike Kohl at Skyvision about a technical issue today and I asked about the progress in making the DSR-922 compatible with the DSR-410.

He stated that they "have been quietly testing the DSR-922 and preliminary results are positive for the receiver to become compatible of receiving the DSR-410 datastream and being able to use the DSR-922 for that purpose."<<

So I guess were seeing this quiet testing. Things are looking up... Great! :)

I'll try leaving it on AI 940 where the receivers were picking up hits. I had it on AI 213 for some time and neither the 920 nor the 922 picked up 1 hit. Of course the tests could be done for the evening and things could have reverted back to the normal way they did things.

If there testing (which they are) It would be during business hours. Since the ACC is in San Diego it would be during PST hours. Now there all home watching pizza tv. I'm just glad they are moving forward and things look promising for our 4d's to not become boat anchors. C band subs may not be dead as Charlie and NPS wanted so much to happen. It's great that Skyvision, SRL and Comcast are working together to keep it alive.

If there testing (which they are) It would be during business hours. Since the ACC is in San Diego it would be during PST hours. Now there all home watching pizza tv. I'm just glad they are moving forward and things look promising for our 4d's to not become boat anchors. C band subs may not be dead as Charlie and NPS wanted so much to happen. It's great that Skyvision, SRL and Comcast are working together to keep it alive.

I figured that since there has been no new hits for a few hours now. Maybe the 922 won't be a boat anchor after all.
Wonder if the 920's will be included.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)