Status
Please reply by conversation.

Spin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 28, 2004
State of Confusion
Does anyone have a clue what is going on?

I have 2 houses and 2 accounts and the same thing is going on at both houses

I have local channels on the 72.5 dish and according to the signal meter they are on transponder 11 (springfield, mo). Both houses have lost local channels.

They both have Zinwell 6x8 switches with 72.5 going into flexport 1.

At both houses I only recieve signal on even transponders, I'm guessing that it has always been this way and they just moved my locals to 11 in the last few days. I am getting 90+ on all even transponders. What in the world is going on? Why can't I get odd transponders? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

More Info

I have a D10 and I when I unplugged my HR10-250 and my RCA DVR80 and then ran an autodetect setup on the D10 I got my locals back. But as soon as I plugged in the HR10-250 I lost them again.

It sounds like some kind of switch failure. I am not an installer, but that just doesn't make sense.

Think Apollo 13. Start with the HR10-250, and then try to add the rest of the receivers. Probably want to do a hard reboot, by unplugging them all.

If that doesn't work, change the order. It could be the DVR software isn't used to handling the switch.

Oh, and if your local channels are all on xpdr 11, could you please reconfirm for me after all this is done? I am trying to map out the transponder space for 72.5. Thanks.

It's on transponder 11.

The directivos overload the switch. Flexport one has the even transponders and flexport 2 handles the odds for some reason. I moved the 72.5 cable to port 2 and started over and it works. It would have been easier if they wouldn't have moved my locals a few days ago.

well either u need to reprogram the receiver which is more than likely the case or the lnbs need to be replaced(unlikely because its happening at both locations)

Thanks for the suggestion, But it was that DirecTivos overload the 6x8 switches. So the best fix is to run both lines from the 72.5 LNB into both flexports. Now have 98 signal on my directivos. Had 0 in Port 1 and 40 in Port 2. Running both ports I'm back up to my old signal before they moved transponders on me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)