72 Satellite for all programming

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
Winegard has introduced the Anser. It finds a single satellite and, unlike other automatic RV dishes, doesn't switch between satellites. I am a full time RVer and DNS (distant locals). It looks like everything I need is on satellite 72. Does anyone know something about this that would prevent me from receiving all my HD & SD programming from this one satellite? I have AT200, HBO, Showtime and DNS.

1. Will the Winegard Anser work with a Hopper?
2. Will the Winegard Trav'ler work with the Hopper? Which one?
3. Is there a regular Dish that only receives 72 that will work with a Hopper.
4. In the meantime, will the regular Dish work with my 211 (or 722 if I get one)?

Thanks for the information.

Winegard has introduced the Anser. It finds a single satellite and, unlike other automatic RV dishes, doesn't switch between satellites. I am a full time RVer and DNS (distant locals). It looks like everything I need is on satellite 72. Does anyone know something about this that would prevent me from receiving all my HD & SD programming from this one satellite? I have AT200, HBO, Showtime and DNS.

1. Will the Winegard Anser work with a Hopper?
2. Will the Winegard Trav'ler work with the Hopper? Which one?
3. Is there a regular Dish that only receives 72 that will work with a Hopper.
4. In the meantime, will the regular Dish work with my 211 (or 722 if I get one)?

Thanks for the information.
From Winegards web site I would guess the Anser uses a dual Legacy LNB which means it is NOT compatible with the Hopper. In fact the recommended DISH receiver in Winegards instructions is the 211.

A dish 500 with the "I" adapter should work very nicely for 72 but for now I think you may want to forget the Hopper .

Personally $450 for a single satellite dish is way to high. Anser only finds the azimuth you still have to set the elevation so I would consider that semiautomatic not fully automatic.

I have done a little research. The Eastern Arc comprises 61.5, 72.7, and 77. 61.5 is all SD channels. 77 is channels that I don't receive, like foreign language and local channels. The only satellite I need is 72.7, which contains all of the HD and non-HD channels. As nice a device as the Anser is, if I only need a single satellite and I need to manually set the elevation, how hard would it be to manually line up a regular dish?

According to the Winegard site, Dish recommends an 18" dish for this satellite. Can I get a dish with a single LNB that would work with my 211K, as well as a future 722 or Hopper? Where would I get it?

Thanks for your help.

I have AT200, HBO and Showtime. The only channels that would be missing would be a home shopping channel or two. Any SD channel on 61.5 that I am entitled to receive has an HD equivalent on 72.7. Since I only have an HD receiver, is there any reason why I would need the SD channels?

What's an 'I' adapter? Do you know of any retailer that will sell me a Dish 500?

What's an 'I' adapter? Do you know of any retailer that will sell me a Dish 500?

The standard dish 500 has a "Y" adapter to install 110 & 119 LNB on the end of the arm. DISH came out with an "I" adapter to replace the "Y" when you only wanted to receive signals from one satellite such as 72.7. Easiest way to find companies selling dish 500 is do a google search for dish 500. Ebay or DISH should sell them along with every local dish retailer and internet retailers like Solid Signal, Campers World etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)