720/1080 Button-Pushing

markdwest

Original poster
Oct 25, 2004
I have a programmable remote (Harmony) and want to set it up for one-button switching between 720p and 1080i. I tried a couple of times but I'm a real amateur, and kept screwing it up. Is there any other way besides inputting the whole series that I'd do manually, which would be menu, 6, 9, 1, a bunch of downs, enter, save, a bunch of exits? Invariably the timing doesn't work. Does anybody have the macro at their fingertips?

So, what is so hard about doing all of those downs, enter, etc, that you can't do it once and be done with it?

This is not a subject I have lots of experience with...yet...but does the Harmony support Macro building?...If it does I would think you could create a macro for this series of inputs...

This is something a few of us have been chatting about for awhile...the 811 has a "SD/HD" button on the UHF Pro 8.0 remote...I'd like to see this button used to toggle between output res. If E* maps this button for this function then you wouldn't need to create a macro for this function? :D

I have the Harmony 659, and have programmed the macro by creating a couple of "Activities" (for HD and SD) by manually inputting the steps 6-1-9, arrows, exits, etc. This way, I just hit the "More Activities" button, and select the HD/SD macro created as an "activity".

Good thing the 811 handles the codes without needing additional pauses in between. Would be really nice if the SD/HD button on the 811 remote could be programmed by Dish to do a quick toggle.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,
TSilverX5

I have a MX700, not a Harmony, but the macro I did was:

Menu - 6-1-9-left arrow-down arrow-down arrow-down arrow-down arrow - select - right arrow - select - view. I threw in some .2 sec. pauses between steps. That goes to 1080i. Remove one down arrow to go to 720p. They both worked first time, every time.

Thanks!

This is all very helpful; thanks. You'd think I could figure out that simple macro on my own (answer to Bobby: I dunno), but apparently I was doing something wrong.

I do wish that I didn't have to go through the activities menu and then hit Watch TV again when I'm finished to change channels, but the macro simplifies things a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)