7200 Searching for signal How long?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Branen

Original poster
May 30, 2004
Hello,

I'm new to Dish Network and just hooked up my 7200. How long should the Acquiring Signal last before I get my picture? I'm locked in on a fairly strong 84 on Satellite 119 but have been Acquiring Signal for about 24 hours so far.
Thanks in advance for any replies. Using an old 18" Direct Dish with a single LNB.

Regards,

Branen

Okay I gave up on this. I put it back on the Dish 500 with 110 and 119 and getting a strong signal on both. I'm getting Signal ok on the diagnosis, do have the program guide, the switch 21 is okay and everything seems to be fine EXCEPT I only get the preview channels, and the Sirriuis music channels.
No PPV, HBO, Networks, nothing. Someone mentioned that I might need a switch DP-3437 but I have not been able to find anybody to confirm this or even anybody that sells it. It seems to be discontinued or only sold to dealers with 12 minimum. http://www.wingway.com/DP3437.html
but they don't even seem to have it. Someone else mentioned that the box keys might not be entered correctly, but I bought it from what I still think is a reliable dealer and they assure me the card is okay, though they are a little slow on any other advice.

Frankly, I'm stumped. Any help out there,

Regards and thanks,

Branen

Sometimes it happens. Had one the other day that simply forgot to plug the sat feed cables back in after a change. He couldn't get signal for some reason. :)

I have a great sense of humor but I can't call Dish from my far SOUTH Texas location. Oh well, someday I'll get this figured out. Keep helping me if you have any clues though. I hooked it back up to the 500 with a 21 Switch and everything checks out okay but I only recieve previews and Sirrius. and the other audio only channels. Strong signal on both 110 and 119 and when I plug in another receiver (2700) into the exact same setup, everything works fine. (and dandy)

Thanks to all the nice people and we'll get it fingered out soon I'm sure.

Branen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)