720p Decision

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
rdinkel said:
That is why my Loewe Aconda set employs a digital progressive scan. The entire picture is processed and displayed in one pass, 60 times per second--twice the speed of interlaced scanning and without flickering of static images, such as on-screen text or the lines on a sports field. The result is a picture that has the an appearance similar in sharpness and clarity to a high-quality film image. This essentially moves 1080i closer to 1080p.

http://ultimateavmag.com/crtdisplays/61/index.html:cool:

T2k said:
My point exactly. 1080i doesn't offer anything over 720p but sports a horrible picture for sports or any action stuff and that disgusting interlace flickering.
Thanks but no.

where are seeing this flickering? I own a 55" crt and have NEVER been bothered by
this flickering regardless of the content.

T2k said:
You are obviously generally challenged, even by such basic thiings like a comparison.
I fully understand that some people are less fortunate than others when it comes to brain capacity but I thought 720 vs 540 + full frame vs flickering interlaced weren't so challenging questions...
I guess I was wrong. But hey, don't give up - everybody has a place under the sun! Sure, you can't take job in any related industry, not even a TV technician but hey, you can still be many other things... maybe even a helper of a TV technician? :devil:

Who wants to be a loser tv tech anyway? And it is not 720 vs 540 its 720 vs 1080.
540 lines scanned twice to give you a percieved 1080. Now weather it is percieved or not its still 1080 lines. Look up the word percieve. As far as the horrible :D flickering
you seem to harp on, what kinda tv you watchin on? If you nottice flickering on your
set from the interlacing I suspect your TV is CRAP.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)