720p is unwatchable on my 6000 STB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ChrisDuncan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
I recently picked up a 6000 HD receiver and subscribed to just the HD/Voom package. Overall, I'm happy with it except that most of the channels look horrible over 720p with my receiver. 1080i is much better. The problem, though is that my projector (Optoma H31) puts out a much sharper picture when being fed 720p. The difference is not subtle. I don't know why it's that way, but it is. I still use my Voom box for OTA (set at 720p) and it looks much better than my Dish 6000 at 1080i. When Voom was around I switched it between the 2 resolutions many times and always 720p was much better.

Is 720p also unuseable with other HD boxes like the 811 or is it just an issue with the 6000?

Thanks

Chris,

You may be having the issue that a number of people had with the 6000 and 720p native sets. The fix for it is to go into the HD setup menu on the 6000 unit and adjust your picture either to the left or to the right, I forget which, just a couple of clicks. This may fix it. It's been so long that I've seen this, I've forgotten exactly what it is that causes it, but it helped alot of people several years ago. Give it a try and let us know how it works out.

Stacy, thanks very much for the info. You were right, ajusting the picture to the left did the trick. I think I moved it 5 clicks to the left and now I'm having no trouble using 720p with the 6000.

Thanks again!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts