721 and 34 configuration

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

clydeh7

Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
I am trying to add a 721 receiver using two 34 switches

Current configuration includes 510 and 522 with a non dish network switch, everything works fine.

I have a 721 and two 34s for expansion and pulled two 100' cables from the 34 to 721. Satelite is on the roof with about 30' to the switch. Moving the 510 and 522 to the 34s worked after running check switch, however after running check switch on the 721, 721 and 510 lost connectivity. Both receivers recognize the 34, the 721 indicated no satelite on the matrix, the 510 indicated an error - lost connectivty, while the 522 was displaying a good picture.

I called dish and the tech told me to use the other two connections to the quad lnb, however when I went up on the roof, the satellite has a dual lnb. I am not sure what lnb I am using, it does not appear to be a dish product, but both 510 and 522 work fine, but there is only one more port for the 721.

I also tried a different cable to the 510 to see if I may have damaged the cable, no difference.

Is there a problem connecting the 721 to a 34?
I verified the switches are ok (522 works on both sides of the interconnected 34s).

After reconnecting the 510 and 522 to the old switch using same cables, all is ok.

I would appreciate any advice
clydeh7

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

One thing is BOTH inputs on the 721 must be connected to the same DP34.

I did that, even with the 522 and 510 on one switch and the 721 on the primary (satelite feed in - 721 out), I got no satellite on matrix and 510 lost connectivity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts