721 Guide gone!

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
While in EPG, it froze except for the "PIP" of what's currently playing. The only way to get out of the guide was to navigate the menu and go into the PVR list, then I could escape out of that to a live program. I rebooted, same thing happened. Rebooted again, now I can't even get the guide to show up. DVR functions seem to be working. It recorded an hour-long program (I just left it alone while that was recording). Yet, I still cannot get the guide to come up.

I can tell that something's going on in the receiver as I can feel slight vibration if I place my hand on it. I believe the vibration is more than just the fan. Given that, I assumed it was the hard drive and that it was downloading new software (although I wasn't aware of an upcoming version). When I navigate to "software download" (something like that), it says there are no upgrades available.

I've never seen it simply not give me a guide. Is this normal behavior when it's updating the guide?

I haven't changed out to my new yellow smartcard, yet. Is this likely the problem? I just assumed I'd get an "invalid smartcard" message when that issue came up.

Any ideas as to what's happening?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)