721 loosing input/sat 2 lock everyday

psycaz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Ferndale, MI
Maybe not the right forum, sorry if not.

My 721 is having input/sat 2 problems that require rebooting every day now. It seems to happen about 4 or 4:30 pm EDT.

The thing will just loose lock, even if watching that that input/sat. Was watching the local 4:00 pm news and it when out and reverted to the old local channel numbering system - from 4 to 8032.

Trying switching channels, and it kept reverting to the old 4 digit numbering when selecting a single digit channel fromthe guide - ie, select 2 and it shows can't lock for channel 8033.

Any chance something in there software causing input/sat 2 issues onthe 721's?

I see the other thread about someone else having their sat 2 go out on a 721 and wonder if maybe they are related in some way.

No idea if they are related by my 721 hasn't had local channel for a couple days. I'm in the NE Indiana spotbeam.

I recorded Mad Money on CNBC channel 208 and when I play it back it says 208 CNBC in the upper corner for the first second a recording usually shows the channel but it's not CNBC. It recorded the Deep cuts classic rock Sirius channel but without audio so I just have the text of what song was playing bouncing around on the screen. Programs are not recording depending on if the channel comes in or not and when I went into the Point Dish menu to check on things it told me I had a program currently recording and asked me if I wanted to stop the recording to do the point dish but the red lLED that comes on when a show is recording wasn't on.

Right now I get nothing on Tuner Input 1. I was getting 110/119 but not 121 or 105 and then I ran the check switch and now Tuner Input 1 won't get anything and the switch said Tuner 1 was screwed. Tuner 2 is not getting 121 at Signal Strength of 80 and 110/119 both around 90. Yesterday I did the pull the AC plug reboot option and the reciever said I had a 500 instead of a superdish when I went to point dish.

Oh yeah, yesterday I did a point dish and the signal stregth indicator didn't make any audible tones but today it is.

Either there are 3 of us with failing 721's or something is seriously wrong with something Dish is doing.

My 721 Lost lock problems

I had lost lock on 205,140,and 144 and 2 301's in other rooms will get the same channels. Dish man came out yesterday and said I needed to replace the super dish with a dish 500, that dish has changed some things recently that messed the super dishes up. some are messed up and others are ok.

Don't ask me to explain it. I will see if it works Friday.

Dish Fixed the problem

Dish removed my super dish and replaced it with a dish 500 and it fixed my problem. Don't ask me to explain it but it worked. The repairman said he could not explain it either but he knew it worked.

Dish removed my super dish and replaced it with a dish 500 and it fixed my problem. Don't ask me to explain it but it worked. The repairman said he could not explain it either but he knew it worked.
bad equipment
insted of finding the problem and fixing it he gave you the new system
it is the best thing to do but he cant tell you what the problem was because he did not trouble shoot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts