721 Missed simultaneous timers!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rob Relf

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
My 721 has been very trustworthy for a long time, but I had timers set for the premieres of American Dreams and Clubhouse (both at 8 pm) and neither one fired. I had set the timers off the guide earlier and later I accidentally tried to set a third timer for the same time and I got the warning screen. I took the option of cancelling the timer I was trying to set, but when I got back to the guide only one of the original programs showed the red dot. As a test I tried to set the third timer again and again I got the warning screen. Again I canceled the new timer and again the guide only showed one original timer set. I figured it was just a glitch in the guide display software and didn't worry about it further. Well, when I checked later neither show had recorded. I suppose in the future if I get a conflict screen I should delete all 3 of them and then recreate the two I wanted.

I am very bummed out as I and my family love American Dreams and now we have missed the season opener! Is there anyone that recorded it and would be willing to make a tape for me? That would be great--

Rob Relf
rrelf "AT" comcast.net

Sorry - can't help you for tapes of those shows. I would (paying it forward - thanks DL!), but I don't watch them.

The 921 has similar timer problems. The timer databas can get corrupted, or, it just screws up because the box hasn't been rebooted lately (like over a week). On the 921, if a Menu-7 looks "flaky", there's trouble ahead. If a reboot doesn't fix the list, a delete of all existing timers and TWO hard reboots in a row fixes it.

Now, how much of this applies to a 721? Heck if I know - but they do share the same code base, so what the heck - check it out and post back whether it helps or not, OK?

I had a 721... kinda had the same problem happen once for recording an episode of stargate and the screen savers at the same time... it did miss both timers... because I had tried to set that third timer.. it for some reason corrupts it. the trick to fix it (in the future sorry!) is to delete all the timers IE both those shows and set them again.

If your watching something on your 721 that's delayed, meaning your using the buffer instead if recording it and you forget go to live before a timer goes off, the 721 will not activate the timer until you go to live TV. I wished it wasn't this way but it is.

Also, the 721 has a very difficult time trying to record & playback any of the Sirius audio stations. This will often crash the 721. Only using the RED button and the PIP button to switch to the other tuner will not make it crash.

I have been having problems with recording multiple programs on my 721 for over a year, mainly when I have a back to back timers set. E* just tells me that it is a known problem and will be fixed in the future (sure) and they have the b---'s to tell me they won't RA it for that reason. Yes I take off the 1 before and 3 after and no the conflict screen does not appear.

I've had the problem that if you set a weekly timer starting at 12:00AM midnight, it not only records when it is supposed to, but also records AGAIN the following day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts