721 slowing DOWN responding to remote commands

parkavenue

Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
Acting just like my computer when it gets slow.... Takes several seconds to respond to some of the remote commands. Example: depress PVR button or PVR STOP and takes 2-3 seconds to respond. Used to be much faster. I have about 45 hours of programs recorded. Thanks for your comments or ideas.

I have noticed it as well with mine. The one thing that I did to help that is to put a fan in the cabinet so it keeps cool. Mine was installed in a glass covered cabinet, so ventilation was poor. Ever since the fan was installed, everything seems to be good, except for the loud fan.

Press the power button on the unit (not the remote) for more than 5 seconds. That will cause it to reboot. All should be fine after that.

I have noticed this in the early morning hours around 2-4 am. This could be caused by the hard drive downloading new EPG (Electronic Program Guide) data since the 9 day guide is stored on the hard drive.

Reboot FIXED the problem.

Thanks to all for responding. I rebooted the 721 and the original "speed" has been restored. Regards. :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)