721 "stuck" in upgrade??

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
Turned on my 721 and it started downloading an upgrade. I waited for a while as it did some things.

It's now been sitting at the following screen for over a half an hour.

DOWNLOAD INSTALLATION SUCCEDDED

Please wait while the system is upgraded

Am I supposed to leave it alone, or should I give it the old "smart card" reboot?

Thanks

:-jon

Mine in the basement did this, and had to do a hard reboot.
The one uptairs didn't even say it was upgrading, just had the "message light"
on and had to do a reboot to finish that upgrade as well...

sure hope the software works better then their install :(

yeah, this is a bug I had too. the message light stays on and this message stays on the screen. reboot (hold down power) solved it.

it took a little longer than normal to get through three lines of text since it's the first time running the software, but other than that, it didn't do any damage except I lost the 2 latest things I recorded. Both were black when i tried to watch them. all other files on the disk are fine.

"...Turned on my 721 and it started downloading an upgrade...."

I've never turned mine "ON" to get an upgrade. Leaving it plugged in but off overnight has always worked in the past. Is this something new? Or was your unit unplugged?

I'd hate to turn on the 721 to watch a show and not be able to because it wanted to do an upgrade first.

"... it took a little longer than normal to get through three lines of text since it's the first time running the software, ..."

What text? And I'd certainly hate to lose any recordings. I guess I'm going to start dumping the older stuff to DVD now.

What upgrade did you get? My 721 has been acting a little strange. Had to pull the plug to get it to work yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts