721 Timer Default Change...?

tusaz

Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
When setting a timer to record on the 721, the deault settings have the timer start 1 minute early and end 3 minutes late. Given the reasonably precise timing of the programs, I would like to reset the defaults to 0 and 0, respectively--so I do not have to reset them manually every time.

Can the defaults be reset? If so, how...?

Thanks,

Peter
Tucson, Arizona

Sorry, the defaults can not be changed.

And the reason they are set that way is because the networks are deliberately screwing with start/end times just to frell with DVR users.

After all with a DVR, they lose their frelling dictatorship over our TV viewing.

SimpleSimon said:
Sorry, the defaults can not be changed.

And the reason they are set that way is because the networks are deliberately screwing with start/end times just to frell with DVR users.

After all with a DVR, they lose their frelling dictatorship over our TV viewing.

Frell? Frelling? What is(are) that(those)? They definitely aren't words. :) Might they be substitute words for another short word beginning with F?

chaddux said:
Frell? Frelling? What is(are) that(those)? They definitely aren't words. :) Might they be substitute words for another short word beginning with F?
Sure they're words - just not terrestrial english ones. ;)

Farscape. :)

And of course, you nailed the reason. :D

tusaz said:
When setting a timer to record on the 721, the deault settings have the timer start 1 minute early and end 3 minutes late. Given the reasonably precise timing of the programs, I would like to reset the defaults to 0 and 0, respectively--so I do not have to reset them manually every time.

Can the defaults be reset? If so, how...?

Thanks,

Peter
Tucson, Arizona

Peter, if you use a remote capable of learning sequences and assigning those sequences to a button, just program a macro for it. The original dish remote can't do this but there are any number of programable remotes from cheap to expensive that can. That's what I did.

Best regards,
Charles

Interesting - I'd like to do just the opposite on my 510. I always have to check the one minute early box and then manually set the end time to a few minutes later. There is nothing more frustrating than having the recording end with a show still running. I have a 522 coming, and I suppose the NBR won't help, since the guide shows the standard 'on the hour' times?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)