721 Timer fails if watching time-delayed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bobby_M

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
I believe this is a new bug.

If I have two timers set to launch at 8pm and I'm watching another slightly time delayed channel just prior to that launch, The guide screen claims I'm recording both timed programs, but the PVR screen does not show one of them. I must do a hard reboot to clear up that one tuner/recorder. Anyone?

To clarify what I mean by slightly time delayed... if I was watching live and happened to backup a couple clicks for a replay or maybe a short pause session. I believe in the past, a screen would popup and tell me it needs to confiscate my tuner for a recording.

I have had this problem happen to me several times. If I hit the view button, it will take me back to live and my timers will go off as schedule, but if I forget to do that, I may miss one of my timers if I'm using both tuners at the same time. I've never had to do a reboot to clear that problem up. I know for that the 721 doesn't like you recording any of the SIRUS channels. It becomes very buggy even when to try to play the SIRUS channel back. The playback won't end even if you hit stop. The only thing that works for me besides rebooting, is to bring up the other tuner with PIP and swap to the other tuner.

Tonight my 721 has been acting funny. When I would go to playback a few shows and I would be half way or more into watching the show and hit skip back multiple times it would act like it would be going to the beginning of the show and wouldnt skip back anymore but just skipy back once or twice but it would rewind back ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)