722 changes from dual to single mode randomly

toddcallaway

Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
Texas
I have been using a 722 for almost a year now with no problems...I love it!

In the past few weeks it has been changing from Dual Mode to Single Mode on its own.

The only way I know it change the mode is using the button on the front of the receiver, but I am 100% positive this button is not getting pushed. Any ideas?? It is driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kids was my initial thought, but I taped the door shut and it still did it. I had to untape it to switch it back, so the kids are off the hook (unless they know a magic remote control button combination).

The only way to switch modes is to press the physical button. There may be a problem with the receiver itself, try doing a hard reset by holding the power button until it shuts off. (About 3 seconds.) Give it a minute and it should come back on by itself. Report back if it continues.

I am also having the same problem with my 722. I have no kids so that is not the problem. I have also had the receiver go to the signal meter by itself. I mean to say, when I turn on the receiver, sometimes it is on the signal meter. I have tried a hard restart, but still have the problem.

It seems that your 722 is rebooting at some point and when it finishes the reboot process it is defaulting to single mood or defaulting to the check switch screen. I have seen this before when the software is outdated.

Does your ac power ever turn off? maybe at night?
Check to see if you have the current software.

As of 10-24-2009:
The current software for the 722 is L6.22
The current software for the 722K is L6.55

To access your software version, Press the system info button located on the front of the receiver behind the "Push-to-open" door.

If your current software is outdated, Do a check switch, click done then as the receiver is doing test 1 of 5 shut off your receiver for 30-45 minutes.

If that all fails to solve the problem, You will have to make the dreaded call to 1-800-333-3474

Kids was my initial thought, but I taped the door shut and it still did it. I had to untape it to switch it back, so the kids are off the hook (unless they know a magic remote control button combination).
Cat/wife? :D

We had another thread a little while back that a guy said he lived alone, but then later said that he had a cat, and then even later mentioned his wife at home. I we had a good laugh over it (hence the slash above).

Did you try removing the button from the front panel, or blowing it out with some compressed air? That's a strange problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts