722 Component Cables

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnscda

Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
I just had a 722 installed with Composite Cables to the TV. I wanted to upgrade to component cables to try to get a better picture quality. However, after changing the cables, I was not getting a picture and the audio was going in and out. Do I need to change a setting somewhere before changing the cables or did I just get bad cables? Thanks for the help.

Composite connection is Video out, L-R audio. If you are just plugging your component cables in the same outputs, there's your problem. You need to plug your component cables into the YPbPr Component video outputs (red, green blue) and use digital audio if your equipment supports it. Same thing at the TV, and be sure you are selecting component input on your TV.

I did plug the cables in the YPbPr slots in the 722 and the TV and the TV was on Video 1, that corresponds to the component inputs. I previously had an X-Box connected to TV using that slot and never had a problem. I assumed I could just plug the cables in and be set. Does the 722 need to be off or reset before plugging in the cables?

I did plug the cables in the YPbPr slots in the 722 and the TV and the TV was on Video 1, that corresponds to the component inputs. I previously had an X-Box connected to TV using that slot and never had a problem. I assumed I could just plug the cables in and be set. Does the 722 need to be off or reset before plugging in the cables?
Well, it would not hurt to reset the 722, though I doubt that's the problem. Not owning an x-box, can you or have you tried using those cables?

I haven't used the same cables becuase they have a different connection to the back of the X-Box. I was just reading the user's guide. I think I may need to try changing the cables with the receiver and TV off. I know the TV was on. Do you think that would do it?

On the two sets I have, component input is listed AS THAT (Component 1 & 2) on the TV input menu, as well as HDMI 1 & 2. Composite connection is listed asd AV 1, the one you DON'T want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)