722 Component Video Question

Marv B

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Tulsa OK
I haven't messed with this in a while, and have apparently forgotten how to get this connection. I just got a new Samsung TV (2018 model), and ran the HDMI cord from the 722 to the TV and it works fine. This TV does not have a component video option, so I wanted to run TV2 to another TV that has component video. I hooked up the 5 total cords and ran them to that 2nd TV, but instead of getting TV2, I'm getting TV1 on that TV as well. Am I only able to run TV1 out via component video? I could have sworn I've run TV2 out that way before. I haven't tampered with any settings, at least that I know of. Thanks for any help!

I haven't messed with this in a while, and have apparently forgotten how to get this connection. I just got a new Samsung TV (2018 model), and ran the HDMI cord from the 722 to the TV and it works fine. This TV does not have a component video option, so I wanted to run TV2 to another TV that has component video. I hooked up the 5 total cords and ran them to that 2nd TV, but instead of getting TV2, I'm getting TV1 on that TV as well. Am I only able to run TV1 out via component video? I could have sworn I've run TV2 out that way before. I haven't tampered with any settings, at least that I know of. Thanks for any help!
Nope, Component out is only TV1.

The 722 hasTV 2 composite output.I assume the OP knows TV2 is SD only.. Screenshot_20191126-052612.png3 wires.Yellow,red,white,..Have to put the receiver in Dual mode .. open front panel and push button for switching between dual and single mode..

Last edited:

I ran my basement off TV2 for years using an HDTV down there, but this has a major drawback. You cannot get anamorphic widescreen out of that composite output without putting the 722 into solo mode. You can get DVD quality out of it, which looks decent on an HDTV. But with the aspect ratio screwed up like it is, you can't even correct it at the TV.

Thanks for the replies! Yes, TV2 is composite out only. I believe what confused me is the fact that I had run it out to a DVD recorder, then I had run the component out of the recorder to the component in of my older TV. The 722 has been great over the years, just wish it had two HDs out. I'm still occasionally transferring stuff to a Pana DVD recorder (DMR-E18) to free up space on the DVR.

Try an external hard drive instead of the DVD burner, much faster, plays back thru the Hopper as an alternate hard drive.
The advantage of a DVD burner is the ability to keep recordings after Dish and the receiver is long gone. I use a Hauppauge PVR Rocket to record from the HD component outputs to a thumb drive and the transfer them to my NAS after editing out commercials.

Reactions: TheKrell
Try an external hard drive instead of the DVD burner, much faster, plays back thru the Hopper as an alternate hard drive.
I actually have a couple of 1TB external hard drives full of stuff (that I'll likely never watch!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)