722 doesn't want to turn on

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
Once or twice a week my 4 year old heavily used 722 refuses to respond to the power button. It's set for it's auto update at 3am. I have changed the update time, sometimes 7am around but that doesn't help. At 6am to 6:30am it just won't respond to the power button (I've changed batteries). I then unplug it from the wall, wait 10-20 seconds and it fires right up. Is this the beginning of a worsening problem?

Once or twice a week my 4 year old heavily used 722 refuses to respond to the power button. It's set for it's auto update at 3am. I have changed the update time, sometimes 7am around but that doesn't help. At 6am to 6:30am it just won't respond to the power button (I've changed batteries). I then unplug it from the wall, wait 10-20 seconds and it fires right up. Is this the beginning of a worsening problem?
QUITE POSSIBLY It might be a good time to invest in the protection plan if you don't have it.

My 722K has also become difficult to wake up at times. The problem began approximately 2 weeks ago and is quite random.

If there's a timer set to kick off close to the time of the 3am (anything that starts 15-20~ minutes before 3am, and up until around 3:30~) reboot, the receiver will NOT reboot then. It will wait until some time AFTER the timer has finished recording, before it reboots. I've seen it take up to 1 hour AFTER the recording finishes before it kicks off.

So, say there's a program set to record from 3~am-5:05am~. The receiver will probably do it's reboot at about 6am. The reboot takes as long as 20~ minutes for a simple one (or more, if it contains an actual new firmware) so this could be a consideration..

If there's a timer set to kick off close to the time of the 3am (anything that starts 15-20~ minutes before 3am, and up until around 3:30~) reboot, the receiver will NOT reboot then. It will wait until some time AFTER the timer has finished recording, before it reboots. I've seen it take up to 1 hour AFTER the recording finishes before it kicks off.

So, say there's a program set to record from 3~am-5:05am~. The receiver will probably do it's reboot at about 6am. The reboot takes as long as 20~ minutes for a simple one (or more, if it contains an actual new firmware) so this could be a consideration..

You may very well be correct. I record a lot of stuff so I may be recording something in the auto reboot time frame. I'll pay more attention and see if that's the case. By the way, I do have the protection program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)