722 driving me nuts

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
My 3 year old 722 is driving me nuts. On average of 3 times a week when I change channels I get the "Complete loss of Signal" message telling me to check for loose connections or trees or snow blockage. I live in the desert so trees and snow are not a problem. I follow directions and unplug and restart. Everything is fine for a few days then bang, out she goes again. My OTA reception is always fine, I just lose the sat. channels. I've triple checked all connections. I'm not sure if the Dirt Team can respond but I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Check your signal strength on all satellites. Your dish is probably misaligned and your signal strength is marginal. Your OTA reception has nothing to do with your satellite reception.

The switch test was fine. 129 West signal strength is 48. Sat 119 110 129 all checked OK. DVR rebooted itself and went through program install.
Let me know if you get any other signal issues. If you do, please PM me with what shows up and I will need to schedule a Tech visit. Thanks!

Do you have any LNB drift? DISH LNBs are very prone to failure in hot climates, 3 years in a desert would be perfect for LNB failure.

Not exactly sure what you mean by LNB drift or how to check. After I completed the requested tests the error message "Complete signal loss" came on the screen after the program guide install was finished. I did not unplug the 722 but watched something recorded. After 15 minutes I checked and the sat. programming was back on. Everything is back up and running now but this scenario has played out like this on all previous occasions. Thank you Mary Catherine. Andy

When you do Menu, setup Installation, System Info. Wait till it is 100% complete. If there is drift, you will get an error message in box a at the top. Press Details to see what it is.

I was having a similar problem. Tech came out and doing the aboe found I had a -14 lnb drift on 72. Replaced the lnb and no more problem.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts