722 failing now must make decisions

promitiusx

Original poster
Dec 24, 2007
My 722 that I have had for over 5 years is starting to fail. I keep getting the Complete signal loss 015a signal code 11-12-11 error. I just had a service call today where they verified my dish was peaked and the signal at the end of the cable in the house is good, but the receiver keeps having this issue. I am thinking of upgrading to two hoppers to replace my 722/622 setup as I don't want to go below 4 tuners in my house. My main question is what to do with my purchased receivers if I decided to upgrade the 722 and 622 (checked on my account and they still show as purchased I know some have had trouble with it changing on them) The 722 is dyeing and the 622 is old so should I just salvage the HDs from them not sure I would want to go thru the hassle of selling it, but worried I will just hold on to them forever like the 510 and 3000 model receivers I still have from dish.

It sounds as if your 722 is failing, do you really want to sell that to some poor unsuspecting soul? If you upgrade to Hoppers you'll be overjoyed. Let those old receivers find a grave somewhere. There are many recycling companies that will take them, and the 510 and 3000, off your hands for free....

The optional OTA hopper tuner will put you at 4 tuners, plus the added bonus of PTAT on just one of them, 24/7. I went from a 722 and a 722K to ONE Hopper and have yet to regret it. Plus, without total integration, two Hoppers can become clumsy for some users.

Last edited:
I would not sell my failing 722 to some unsuspecting soul I guess my antecedent wasn't clear but when I was talking about selling "it" I was referring to my 622, I had made a few revisions to my thoughts as I posted and might not have been as clear as I intended. I agree best to get them recycled than to let them collect dust in my closet. I think I have finally learned not to purchase receivers from dish as it doesn't really help in cost savings, but sometimes I find it hard to extend my contract just to save a couple hundred dollars even though I have been with them since 97 and don't plan on going anywhere it's nice to have options. Wish I had made this decision before they raised the hopper prices.

The optional OTA hopper tuner will put you at 4 tuners, plus the added bonus of PTAT on just one of them, 24/7.
I am glad you posted that I forgot there was no OTA built in, will need to make sure to get one of those, I like recording the OTA HD signal on my favorite network shows, makes a difference when viewing on 110" screen. Guess I need to decide if it is worth it to get one of the hoppers with sling as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts