722 mirroring TV1 instead of TV2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

heymichaelb

Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
NC
We just got DISH installed and I wasn't here myself when it happened. We are supposed to have a 3rd TV mirroring TV2. After thinking we had a remote problem, I found out that when we change channels on TV1 it also changes the mirror TV. How do we get it to mirror TV2? From what I have read about cable set up, it appears that it is wired correctly but I'm not at all sure really. Can someone post a diagram of correct wiring? Currently a cable comes from antenna to some kind of splitter then to another splitter. The second splitter has a cable going to TV2 and the mirror TV. Thanks

If TV2 is functioning as expected for your TV #2, then it's just a matter of tuning TV #3 to the frequency you've set for the TV2 output.

TV2 is operating properly but TV#3 is being operated by the TV1 remote. TV3 is also really snowy. Forgot to mention that.

Unless I'm forgetting something, both TV1 and TV2 outputs are present on the home distribution (RF) outputs. Just tune your 3rd TV to the same station as you did for your 2nd TV.

You are correct! Thanks so much. Now back to the poor quality picture. I guess I can probably search the forum for lots of thoughts on that?

The first thing I usually do for snowy tv2 is change the modulator setting from air to cable. Menu 6,1,5. Also turn the tv1 modulator off. You'll then need to change the tv2's from air or antenna, to cable, and put it on 73. Playing around with the channel settings may further improve picture quality. My guess would be it's not the splitter unless the installer left a 5 way in the system from a previous cable provider.

You are correct! Thanks so much. Now back to the poor quality picture. I guess I can probably search the forum for lots of thoughts on that?

You're only going to get a hd picture on tv1 with the a hd dual tuner receiver (222, 722, 922) if you have a hd tv. The other two tvs will only have a standard definition picture on them, and will look like crap if they're flat screen. And having to have an extra splitter in the line so you can mirror the two tvs doesn't help. That's just the nature of the system.
Your can change the tv2 modulator to channel 21 in air mode and that might help a little. On a few flat screens, I've seen it help a good bit.
If you have a standard definition dual tuner receiver (322, 625), then you'll also have a "blah" picture on tv1 if it's a flat screen.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)