722 Modulator Question

Okay thanks, now I've got it. I thought the RF output from the OTA module is what you use to modulate to other channels. So I hooked up the TV1 to the Home Distribution output, modulated on channel 65, and the picture is much better. So to feed TV1 and TV2, I would use a splitter on the Home Dist. output and modulate TV1 and TV2 on different channels correct?

The tech that originally swapped my 522's a few months ago for these 722k's said I needed the OTA module (with it's RF output) because you can't change the aspect ratio using the home dist setup so that's why he was using that output.

TV1 and TV2 are both modulated on the coaxial Home Distribution Output. If TV1 is set for channel 65 and TV2 is set for channel 70 simply change TV2 from Channel 65 to 70 to go from TV1 to TV2, no splitter needed. This is in dual mode.

It's be awhile since I've used the Home Distribution Output (feeding my TV2 from TV1 with component cables now as it's HD). I stand to be corrected but as I remember you will get tall/skinny on TV1 if TV1 is set for HD. TV2 should be ok as it's always SD, you should get either a cropped picture, a letterbox picture and on some channels even a postage stamp pix but the aspect button should work.
SD channels will of course be the normal SD picture.

Okay thanks, now I've got it. I thought the RF output from the OTA module is what you use to modulate to other channels. So I hooked up the TV1 to the Home Distribution output, modulated on channel 65, and the picture is much better. So to feed TV1 and TV2, I would use a splitter on the Home Dist. output and modulate TV1 and TV2 on different channels correct?

Yep, that is the initial thought. BTW, I assume the modulator is set to air, is that correct?

Yes they're set to Air and everything's looking great now . Thanks guys!

I have had a 722K for around a year, and I did not know it was capable of TV1 over the distribution (TV2) output. This solved a whole house distribution problem!:)
I guess I should have read the manual.

AJF, if you have eliminated wiring as being the issue, then it might be your actual modulator. They do, unfortunately, go bad. An easy way to check this is to connect something else to the line that has a modulator such as a video game, dvd player, etc. if the noise goes away, it's your receiver, if not, it's your wiring.

The channel 3-4 attached to the OTA module could possibly have been bad, but a lot of times the settings between it and the TV itself are a little chewy as well. If Topcat5 is indeed right, how long ago did the OTA module show up AJF? It might be a warranty issue.

The channel 3-4 attached to the OTA module could possibly have been bad, but a lot of times the settings between it and the TV itself are a little chewy as well. If Topcat5 is indeed right, how long ago did the OTA module show up AJF? It might be a warranty issue.

All's good now. None of the receivers are at the TV locations ( all of them are in a utility closet ) so I switched all the TV's to the Home Dist output and the picture is great . I do believe that that output is stronger than the 3-4 output on the OTA module.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts