722 or 722k for upgrades?

The fact that the 622, 722 and 722K are considered to be in the same family makes it rather difficult to place an order and be assured you will receive what was ordered. When the CSR advised that she could not guarantee that I would receive a 722K to replace my 722, but I would still have to agree to a two year contract extension, I almost fell out of my chair. I gave up and decided to purchase a new 722K for $249 from a local vendor, and the over the air module from an online vendor for $29.99. Not sure why but the sling adapter works significantly better on the 722K than it did on the 722.

You people amaze me, I can't remember such nit picky customers...seriously if its that big of a deal to have the 21.0 remote from the 722k im sure the tech will have one on his truck to make you feel all warm and fuzzy...If you were using your OTA on your previous receiver and they show up with a 722k and you need the OTA Dish will more than likely comp you the cost of the OTA. IMO the differences between the 722 and the 722k are....well pretty much none other than the remote and OTA. If you are that hard up to have the features of dual OTA, send the tech away and wait for another tech to come out and see if your luck changes. If you are that hard up to get the 21.0 remote, ASK AND SEE IF THEY HAVE ONE! Other wise stop being such whiney customers, you dont know what they have or dont have in stock at the warehouse, and their stock changes weekly depending on what pack-out has available to send out. Or buy the receiver outright and feel really warm and fuzzy when you dont have a 2 year contract and you for sure know what you are getting. CSR's dont know whats in local offices, or retailers offices because that information isnt given out to CSR's...hell its hard enough for FSM's (now STM's) to know whats in their warehouses on a daily basis with shipments constantly going out to remote techs and what not.

The biggest issue with the 722 vs 722k is that the 722k is what is advertised on their website and there is no evidence of a 722. For many, the choice if dish is a tech choice with people looking for the best tech. My guess is john didn't notice how hold this thread was originally, thus didn't see why I brought up the fact that even after 2 years, the same issues exist.

Mike_H said:
Give this man a star. Called this morning, installed this afternoon. Driver called before coming over to get a sense of what was going on, his order said 622. I said nope, I want a 722K but would settle for a 722. He said he has zero 722's but thinks he has 1 722K in the truck.

Came out and installed, in and out in 1.5hours.
Stuck the 722k where my 622 was, put my 622 where my 501 was, and back fed tuner 2 to take care of where the 501 was. Most of the time was spent waiting for the 722k to get done playing with itself. He hooked that up as soon as he got here, and in the end was still waiting for it to get done doing things.

Now I have to call and order a OTA module for the 722k as they don't carry them in their truck. Also want to add a sling adapter. Dish is showing $50 for the ota adapter, and $99 for the sling. Sounds like time to work with a reseller vs directly with dish since there doesn't seem to be any deal going through dish.

p.s. oddly, my leased 510 came up as I own it 510. So I have a 510 and 501 sitting on a shelf downstairs waiting until? I dunno, maybe dish will change their mind and do something silly demanding the 501 back, the one unit I know I own (that 501 was operational since about 6 months after the 501 was released. never had to be swapped out, I'm on #4 of the 622's and the 510 was swapped out once).

Dish currently has a promotion for the sling adapter. By it for 99 and there is a 99 rebate. It has been reported here that many subs have had their OTA module comped. Worth a try..

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Remember, "that remote" for the K will allow you to save your timers so if you need to replace the receiver, you don't have to type them all in. THAT is what I personally view as the best in the differences between the K and non-K. But still not significant enough for me to try and trade out one of my nice reliable ViP722 DVRs. <knock on wood>

Just to throw a wrench in the thread, I filled at my shop yesterday and they gave me 4 622 receivers!! They must have found some in a warehouse somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well, I'm sure most customers would not know the difference. I would not be a happy customer, though.

Called dish to see if they would just send me the ota module for the receiver. During the conversation, the CSR tried to tell me I would have had to order the OTA module even if they had delivered a 722 and not the 722K, saying the 722 doesn't have built in OTA. I asked the CSR if they wanted to stand by that statement. when they said yes, I asked to speak to their supervisor. On hold for a bit and the CSR comes back and after speaking to their supervisor they confirmed I would not need the module if I had received a 722 and they will send me the module for my 722K at no cost. Interestingly, they said they would send the module because they could not guarantee I would get a 722 if they just swapped out the receiver. The CSR said if they swapped out I could get a 622, 722 or 722K, they can't say for sure which one. Seems like Dish has some fulfillment issues with Echostar perhaps? Or maybe the CRS's just don't have an option to specify?

Two things.
Dish really has to work on training about the products they have. I get the impression that they do not differentiate their products enough with their customer service people. It is not like they have a huge product line. They could do much better.

Fix the stupid web site already. if you look at the dish site, there is no such thing as a 722. It's just a 722K, and the information is specific to the 722k.

One of the reasons I have preferred Dish to cable TV all along is that for the most part, dish has tended to not waste my time when on the phone whereas that is all cable companies do. When they have odd fulfillment issues, and don't train people properly, it really reflect badly on them in my eye.

Even though the CSR I spoke to was obviously not American, she did a good job of communicating and could clearly understand what I was saying and working to provide good service. I can't fault her for not knowing things Dish doesn't teach. (this was the second CSR at dish that didn't really know the difference between the 722 and 722K)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts