722 Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blk9917

Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
USA
This is going to be a total shot in the dark, but I thought I'd give it a try on this site. I've been getting the issue with the 722 where it shuts itself down, the fan turns onto full blast, and the system can't be used until you unplug it and start over again. It's always done this, but usually only a couple times a month. This past weekend it's been doing shutting down constantly. Sometimes works for 5 minutes, sometimes a half hour, etc, but shuts down constantly.

Called Dish, and they gave the whole "unplug it from the surge protector" thing (as if in all my years of cable DVRs, Playstations, computers, TVs, and other electronics failed because of a surge protector -- ha). Plugged the 722 directly into the wall, and it keeps kicking the circuit breaker for the room. It did it twice within an hour or so. Since unplugging it from the surge protector AND the wall, I haven't had the circuit breaker kick. The only other things plugged into that surge protector are the TV (wasn't being used at the time), Playstation 3 (not used obviously), and a laptop, which was in use. I haven't called Dish back yet, but I'm going to expect that they'll claim there's something wrong with the wiring of the house, and I'll be SOL.

Any ideas? House wiring? 722 zombie eating all power on a quest for world domination? Thanks in advance.

Feel like I left out pertinent info. Third possible answer is that the outlet being used is a GFCI outlet, and the GFCI may be bad. Moved some stuff around and am now using a different outlet, and everything appears to be working fine, so far. The house is only a few years old, but cheap parts can go bad quickly, I suppose. Appears my DVR is not bent on world domination through power draw, so I'll consider this resolved.

Cool, good to hear it's working. Most common issues would be:
1. Outlet at the receiver.
2. Outlet at a second receiver causing problems through the dish.
3. Short in the cable.
4. Bad receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)