722 rebooting 24+ hours!

DNiermeyer

Retailer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 27, 2003
My 722 is rebooting continuously for over 24 hours now. I have tried everything I know of. Front panel reset, pull plug, etc and the thing keeps rebooting. No image is ever displayed on the screen. Any ideas?

My 722 is rebooting continuously for over 24 hours now. I have tried everything I know of. Front panel reset, pull plug, etc and the thing keeps rebooting. No image is ever displayed on the screen. Any ideas?

You sure are patient:confused: Most people would give up after 15 minutes and call Dish. Looks like it's time for a new receiver:up

Have similar problems with one 722. We got two new ones in January. One is great the other spins and spins and very difficult to reset. Will be calling Dish.

Or since its relatively new should we call our local dealer that we got the system from?

Last week or so, I have been having trouble with mine. I lost access to my ota locals, and it has been rebooting itself at times too. I may have to call and have them ship me a new one. Only problem will lose my recordings I save.:mad:

Sorry to bring this thread up from the light dusties(I used search) but our 5 month old 722 has been starting the self reboot thing over the past month or so.

Not sure when to say when to contact Dish to have it replaced:confused:

check and make sure you don't have an enormous amount of recording timers. i heard about this and it seemed to work.

My new one did that right out of the box, nice reboot every 10 minutes. They had me jump thru hoops then accused my power strip of being the issue. In the end they sent me a new one. Stay on them and get a replacement.

You have me blown out of the water with timers x 2 :D

From my prior experience with the 522 I immediately removed the cover of the 722 to help keep it cool without adding aux fans or nothing. It runs cool all the time but I do keep the room temperature at 74 degrees which is also of help.

The 722 reboots maybe once a day at random times,still excessive imo.

You have me blown out of the water with timers x 2 :D

From my prior experience with the 522 I immediately removed the cover of the 722 to help keep it cool without adding aux fans or nothing. It runs cool all the time but I do keep the room temperature at 74 degrees which is also of help.

The 722 reboots maybe once a day at random times,still excessive imo.

The only little problem I have sometimes is too many events. I think I have had a hi of around 450 events before I get a window pop up telling me I have too many but it has been a while so I might be wrong on that hi figure.

My original 622 just started rebooting itself over and over again. They sent a new one and it did the same. Tech came to house and could not fix. Replaced with a 722 and all is fine now.

This reminds me of the DOA tuner issue with inital HR20's. New ones out of the box would come with one dead sat tuner, real fun. I rcvd three in a row, fourth was a charm :(

Add another to the 722 rebooting problem. I got one 3 weeks ago, it started rebooting about once per week, then 2-3 times now every day of course in the middle of a recording. I called Dish, they also blamed my serge protector, I told them I didn't have one and that my 2 HD tivos and DirectTivo was plugged in right next to it and they have never rebooted in 3 years. Then she said hold on, then came back and said she ran a diagnostic and that she couldn't find a problem with my receiver. I asked how could she do that and she said by using the phone line. She said that it was hooked to the phone line and that they could run diags. I said then you are lying since mine is connected to the internet but NOT the phone line, only then did she say she would send a new one. I'm already pi$$ed that they dumped Voom 1 week after I signed up for the HD only package. What a company.

Yes, I am also experiencing a rebooting problem. My 722 was working fine since the end of February and just started rebooting last week. They sent me a new one and it started reboot too right after I installed it and I currently have nothing recorded on it yet. DISH tech support also told me it could be the power strip. I bypassed the power strip and the problem is still happening. Since mine was working fine for 3-4 months until last week, does anyone know if DISH has just recently downloaded a software update? Is there any way I can check to see when the last software update was installed?

I have been having the same issue for quite some time. . . . Seems to be the same time every day now. In the morning around 6 it will do it for about 2 hours. then every night aroun 7 it will do it for a hour or so. I don't really understand it. . I have changed my surge protector, and have plugged into the wall directly and I have changed to another wall outlet and this all keeps happening. Dish came out and replaced a couple wires, but still same thing. I am lost....got to keep getting on them. . .funny thing though I never had this problem with my 622......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts