722 rebooting 24+ hours!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So I am on the phone with Dish and they say that this is a known issue and that they can send out antoher but can't guarentee it won't happen again.....the ONLY resolution they have is to put me back on the 622 that I currently have (didn't return for some reason). But if I didn' thave that 622 then they would not have the capability of putting me back to a 622....I am confused. . but I am goig to try my 622 tonight and see how that goes!

I went through the same issue with my 6 month old 722. Called tech support and he had me do a number of things including unplugging it from the surge protector but nothing changed. I was able to move some of my recordings onto the EHD in between the rebooting until it wouldn't stop rebooting so I lost a lot of recordings which I was not happy about. A replacement 722 was promptly shipped to me and so far I've had no problems. The tech I spoke to stated there were no known issues with the 722 but obviously that's not true. I hope this is not a systemic issue that I will have to worry about with my new unit.

the 2nd unit I got worked fine for about a week or so. . . the first worked 6 months before it started doing the rebooting. . . .

Great - I guess I'll have to keep moving my recordings onto the EHD as a precaution. I would think that E* would be working hard to resolve this issue as it has to be costing them to keep replacing receivers.

well on sunday my 722 completely died (would not power on at all). the replacement arrived today and it reboots every 2-7 minutes. i believe the software version is 6.12.

IF your receiver is in a closed up space with no air ventilation around the sides & bottom/top , you will have constant rebooting. Also placing it on top of another box that is putting off heat will cause reboots. THey also recommend that you have your dish Grounded to prevent problems.

IF your receiver is in a closed up space with no air ventilation around the sides & bottom/top , you will have constant rebooting. Also placing it on top of another box that is putting off heat will cause reboots. THey also recommend that you have your dish Grounded to prevent problems.

722 is in a good location. previous 722 had for just under 6 months and it never rebooted, not once. this 722 does it all the time, often times before it can even connect to a satellite it will reboot. every once in a while it will get in a "good state" where it will run for an hour and then crash. i have had it reboot even when "turned off". this morning when i turned it on after it had been off all night it rebooted with 5 minutes LOL. FYI, sometime during the night firmware was upgraded to 6.13.

i should note since its a "new" receiver i have no recordings on it. often times, there isn't enough time to setup a recording because it will reboot before i can. one would assume they would test these units out before sending them out. i would guess this particular unit is someone elses returned unit (probably returned because of this reboot problem) which they simply turned around and sent to me without fixing hoping i'll just keep it.

so just got off phone with dish. they are sending a tech over with a new unit on saturday. they said unit might not be grounded correctly despite the fact that the 722 that was there never had this problem nor do the other 2 satellite receivers (622 and 211) we have in the house.

Yes, I said earlier that if you don't ground your dish you will have reboot problems on your 722 . I have always had my dish grounded going on 12 years now. VERY important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts