722 reboots when accessing My Recordings.

ronsspas

Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Nebraska
My 722 works fine in the viewing mode, but when I try to access my recordings, it reboots every time. By the way this on tuner 1. Tuner 2 works fine when accessing my recordings. So right now I can't watch my recordings on tuner 1. Big bummer. I have unplug the 722 from the wall outlet for 15 minutes, still has this problem. Any suggestions, before I call Dish & probably get the run around?

My one month old 722k...brand new from box..started acting up the past couple of days. Like jumping the live tv while in the middle of recordings. Recordings taking a bit to start. Last night it rebooted itself in the middle of watching TV with a big ole Hard drive failure on startup warning message. Dish is sending another but it won't be here until late next week.

Wonder if yours is about to do the same?

I had this same EXACT problem with my 722K: It was only when accessing My Recordings. However, I could still archive recordings to my EHD, but I just couldn't play them back from My Recordings and it would ALWAYS reboot, then working fine until I dared to access My Recordings, and then not too long after that, a reboot, again.

I didn't want the hassle of the RA if it wasn't necessary, so I archived all my recordings. Then I did a dump and reformat of the HDD and the 722K has been working PERFECTLY since (months ago). During the process a pop-up appeared stating the the HDD was corrupted and then reformatted.

If you wish to try the dump and reformat, let us know and either I or someone else can post it. I'm not going to post it now because dump and reformat of the HDD is a LAST RESORT solution and should NEVER be tried unless one is prepared to RMA the box, anyway. There are other solutions for problems that are not about the HDD being corrupted. You sure sound like you have my exact same problem.

OK. I decided to go ahead and post the procedure. However, if you can, archive your recordings. This procedure will lose all your recordings, timers, and many, but not all, settings. It's pretty much like getting an RA'd box. Other than that, ronsspas--the OP--it sounds you've got nothing else to "lose" trying this:

Dish Network Last Resort Solution for Erring DVR's

Full Memory Dump and Reformat of HDD

Try this instead, it'll do a full reset/reboot as part of it:

1st: Hit this button sequence on your remote:

Menu-6-3-Info-Right-Left-TV/Video (or Input on some remotes)
to clear the NVRAM, then reboot it.

2nd: After it reboots and comes back up, just do a:

Menu-6-3-Info-Right-Left- Play,- Play,- Recall to format the internal HDD. It'll prompt to format, and reboot again.

You will lose all recordings, and your settings (and timers, write them down first) but it may fix your drive! If this doesn't do it, then it's time to RMA it.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)