722 Receiver Setup

nicknick19

Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
Canada
Hi everybody,

I have a friend who is going to Spain in vacation for three weeks and while she is away, she agrees to let me use her DishNetwork 722 receiver. I have an antenna that is already pointed to the 119 sat. Her dish has 3 LNBs and her setup has two cables coming from the dish, going into the receiver. My question is: will that receiver work with the one cable that I have coming out of my legacy LNB? If so, which of the two antenna inputs should I use on the back of the receiver? She will not let me move her dish.
Your anticipated response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

NickNick19

You can go to The List (tab at top), select Subscription List, and then 119, to see what channels you can receive looking at only one satellite. But. It's difficult to get that receiver to do much with only one tuner plugged in. If your Dish has a DishPro LNB, then you could just use a wide-bandwidth splitter and put the signal on both tuners.

You can go to The List (tab at top), select Subscription List, and then 119, to see what channels you can receive looking at only one satellite. But. It's difficult to get that receiver to do much with only one tuner plugged in. If your Dish has a DishPro LNB, then you could just use a wide-bandwidth splitter and put the signal on both tuners.

This was not designed to work with Dish Pro lnb's (does it?) Usually Dish Pro Plus lnb's with a DPP Separator is the way to go. Since the OP only has one dish with one lnb, I would tend to think he has legacy equipment and this would not work as it is currently.

Yes, the OP already said "legacy LNB", which fact I missed. So a splitter is definitely not going to work.

OP: If you have a legacy dual LNB, then you could pull another cable for the second tuner. If you're already going up on the roof, you could replace the LNB with a DishPro and use a splitter. I haven't tried this recently, but when I plugged only one cable into a 625, I had a heck of a time getting control of it to watch anything.

Best is leave the receiver where it is so it will work when they come back from Spain. Your equipment is not compatible with the 722.

Thanks everyone for your input. I checked the receiver again & it already has a separator attached. So I am going to buy a DPP LNB to replace my legacy one. I think I should be good to go by the time she leaves on 6/30.

VickC

A DPP twin is a good solution, if your dish is a Dish 500 and not a Dish 300, and assuming you buy a DPP twin with the W bracket. You might have one already. My wing dish was installed using a 500 and W bracket, with one side left empty.