This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

722 remote not working well, will DISH replace?

wormil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
North Carolina
My remotes for my 722 have become annoying to use, I have to press the buttons several times for them work. Batteries have been replaced with fresh ones and it made no difference. The receiver/remotes are from 2008. #1 gets used a lot, #2 much less but has the same problem. Is it likely the remotes are just worn out? Is this something DISH will replace?

I don't have this problem w/my 722, though I have both remotes on UHF. For the IR remote, is it possible there is some source of interference nearby, such as a TV? For the UHF remote, check the status of the stubby antenna on the back.

They get dirty overtime, almost like a gooey substance underneath the button where it contacts the board. I have successfully taken apart DISH remotes, used a qtip with a little "Dish" detergent (get it.... "Dish.....") and rubbing where the buttons touch. Then go back with a clean qtip with clean water on it and rubbed it again. You can let it air dry or use a hair dryer on low.

But they are very cheap on Ebay. You could also get the 21.0 model very inexpensive.

Turned out they were just dirty. I hosed them down with Windex and scrubbed with an old toothbrush, now they work very well.