722 Remote Woes - Any help? (attached picture)

aesterling.

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Minneapolis
After reading and reading about all the problems and fixes, I'm even more confused...

I just got a Vip722 with two remotes. One of them controls my "TV1" (IR) and the other "TV2" (UHF). They both work well.

I purchased 2 more remotes. (see attached picture) I want the one labeled "TV1" (IR) to control (using an IR repeater) a 3rd tv hooked up to the modulated output of TV1. I want the other one labeled "TV2" (UHF) to control a 4th tv hooked up to the modulated output of TV2.

Based on everything I included in the picture, please please tell me what I need to do! Thanks so much!!!

-Aaron

Attachments

• Remotes.jpg
    Remotes.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Try changing remote address on new remotes

1st take remote with green tab and press and hold SAT button at top of remote until all light across top come on...then let it go and SAT light should be blinking enter 02(which is your remote address) and then press # key...light should blink 3 times and it should work.

If that works take Blue remote and do same thing but enter 05

I think they should work with 722...

Last edited:
I'd edit out ur Rec ID and Smart Card Number from that picture as of course this is the world wide web :)

After reading and reading about all the problems and fixes, I'm even more confused...

I just got a Vip722 with two remotes. One of them controls my "TV1" (IR) and the other "TV2" (UHF). They both work well.

I purchased 2 more remotes. (see attached picture) I want the one labeled "TV1" (IR) to control (using an IR repeater) a 3rd tv hooked up to the modulated output of TV1. I want the other one labeled "TV2" (UHF) to control a 4th tv hooked up to the modulated output of TV2.

Based on everything I included in the picture, please please tell me what I need to do! Thanks so much!!!

-Aaron

Yes, they do work with the 722. But if they don't you can always send them back to one of Dish Network's call centers and they'll send you 2 more free :up

Try changing remote address on new remotes

1st take remote with green tab and press and hold SAT button at top of remote until all light across top come on...then let it go and SAT light should be blinking enter 02(which is your remote address) and then press # key...light should blink 3 times and it should work.

If that works take Blue remote and do same thing but enter 05

I think they should work with 722...
Thanks for the quick reply! It worked great for the new "TV1" (IR) remote! Its working just like it wanted to.

However, when I tried the same thing for the other new one "TV2" (UHF) it not only didn't seem to work, now the original "TV2" (UHF) remote that came with the 722 isn't working.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: Its all working now! Thanks all for your help! I've seen the TV2 remote just stop working before, its there something that causes that?

Last edited:
Do you have UHF antenna connected to back of receiver?

Yeah, it doesn't really seem like a signal problem, more a "dual/single mode" problem or a remote channel problem. Its not better when the remote's closer. It just doesn't work sometimes. I can't connect it to any certain activity though.

Maybe do a reboot.......press and hold power button for 5 - 10 sec and let go and let receiver reset itself.

Sometimes it will cure strange quirk's

???

It is likely you do not have your remote set to the same address as the receiver has. Use menu-menu to see what the receive has and reset your remote(s) accordingly. To change remote address, use: (1) hold Sat until all light, (2) enter digit(s) for address 1 to 16?, (3) press lower right # sign, (4) if changing the receiver address press Record. The menu-menu (or behind front panel sys-info) screen must be up for Record to work.

Be sure to use different addresses for remotes 1 and 2 and not the address number 1.

Both TV1 and TV2 are on the single higher-power output F connector on RF channels selected in a menu item. TV1 RF may be turned off if you don't want the remote TV to see what you are doing on TV1.
-Ken

Also, make sure the little DIP switch in the TV2 remote battery compartment is set to the same position on both. Or, if it is, try reversing it one the 6.0 TV2 UHF remote.

if you change the address on one remote, the other is not going to work anymore. put both tv 2 remotes on the same address.
if the remote is 'kind of working' then the uhf signal is not reaching the receiver. This can be fixed with a couple splitters and diplexers but I dont think i could explain how to do that without drawing a bunch of pictures.
or...what foxbat said
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)