722-timers messed up after time change

mrzeld

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Bham, AL
after the time change last night, some of my timers are messed up. some timers are just recording an hour early. others are recording twice. for example, it is set to record the price is right tomorrow morning at 10AM (CST). but it is instead recording it at 9AM AND 10AM (press the DVR button 3 times to see future recordings). the description of the show at 9AM is the correct show, but it is titled wrong(in the future recordings list). in the program guide though, it shows up correctly. anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

i have already pressed the power button and reset once. and i set it to do the nightly restart just a little while ago. but neither of them cleared up the problem. i called dish tech support, but they didn't help any.

after three re-boots and two calls to dish support, nothing was fixed. so i forced an EPG download using the "check switch" option. immediately afterwards, nothing had changed. then about 15 minutes later i noticed that all the future shows that were scheduled to record at the wrong times were missing. so i enabled the "show skip" option and the shows were there at the correct times. but they were all marked "duplicate event" of the same show at the wrong times. so after running through all of them and restoring them, everything seems to be fine now. geez!

I had the same problem

Something was wrong with the guide info on 129. Dish had me switch both tuners to channels on 119, force a guide download and then do a power off reboot (i.e. pull the plug). After the box came up, it immediately rebooted itself, did another guide download when it came up the second time and then I could watch the timers start appearing in the guide as the schedule was rebuilt. Within 10 minutes everything was fixed.

Weird, huh?

lucky you then. neither of the tech support people i talked to yesterday suggested doing anything more drastic than a simple reboot (which i had already done by myself). then i was told i would need to delete all my timers (about 80 right now) and re-do them. argh!!

FYI, my 722 will only allow the creation of 96 timers. any more and i get an error message. (i know this because i was doing a one-time recording of a bunch of ninja warriors on saturday and hit the limit.) why such a low limit i wonder?!?!

That's what the first woman I talked to wanted me to do! After a bit of back and forth (none of it ugly) she bumped me to the next level and that's where I reached the guy who had a clue about this problem and how to force the timer schedule to do a full (not incremental) rebuild.

From what I read here, Dish DVRs actually are limited by the number of events in the schedule; not the number of timers. If you have a bunch of timers that are adding a lot of skipped episodes to the schedule (like New timers for heavily repeated shows like the Simpsons, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc.), then they are eating up your available slots.

That's what the first woman I talked to wanted me to do! After a bit of back and forth (none of it ugly) she bumped me to the next level and that's where I reached the guy who had a clue about this problem and how to force the timer schedule to do a full (not incremental) rebuild.
i thought about asking the second person i talked to to let me talk to a second level person, but it was late and i was annoyed. i will keep that in mind next time!

From what I read here, Dish DVRs actually are limited by the number of events in the schedule; not the number of timers. If you have a bunch of timers that are adding a lot of skipped episodes to the schedule (like New timers for heavily repeated shows like the Simpsons, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc.), then they are eating up your available slots.
hmmm. they really need an option to DISABLE timers then. for cases where i know a show wont be on for awhile, but i would rather not delete the timer because i might forget about it. that would be a nice addition.

hmmm. they really need an option to DISABLE timers then. for cases where i know a show wont be on for awhile, but i would rather not delete the timer because i might forget about it. that would be a nice addition.

That would be an AWESOME enhancement! The weeks that The Daily Show is off are a royal pain: I either have to delete the timer (and remember to add it back) or manually skip all 5 episodes each day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)