This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

722 to 211k ehd

Al Fischer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
Clovis, Calif
I understand that we cannot transfer a file from a 722 EHD to a 211k and view it.

What is the reaseon for this?

I have both receivers and thought when I got the 211k for use in my RV that I would be able to take some of the shows that were recorded on the 722 with us on a trip.

Is it a technical reason or political?

Both receivers are on the same account and the 211k normally resides in the bedroom.

The coding is different since it isn't just a transfer device. It is morphing the 211k into a DVR so I guess that they have to talk to units differently. That would be my guess and doubt we have tech developers for E* on here (could be wrong on that).

Do a search. The difference in file format has been discussed in other threads. Several in the Hopper Zone where posters were asking the smae question as to why.

I will need to activate the EHD code on your account to work with your 211k.There is a one time fee of $40.00. Would you send me a private message I can assist you further.

Do as Mike says, then do all the recordings you want to take with the RV on the 211. AFAIK, you can use up to a 2tb had.

The ViP211/K/411 are not HD DVRs, they are HD receivers. EHD functionality turns them into a single-tuner DVR, however they are still not in the same family as the 612/622/722/722K/922/Hopper/Joey.