722 turns off instead of going into standby

Ringthane

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
USA
I've got a 722 (not 722K) hooked up in my living room, and for a while now, instead of going into standby, as my 211 does, it turns off. The message that shows when I turn on the TV even says something like "Your receiver is off", instead of "Your receiver is on standby", or whatever it is supposed to say. I checked the Inactivity Standby option in the menu, and it's set to go to standby after 4 hours, so everything looks good there.

The receiver is hooked up to a Vizio 47" LCD TV in the living room (through HDMI) and a Symphonic TV/DVD combo unit in the office (through coax). Before that, the office TV was a 15" Samsung LCD (still through coax), and it did the same thing with that TV.

How do I get it to go into standby instead of turning off? Tonight I had a DVR timer set through remote access, and the receiver never turned on to DVR the show. I have done a reset at one point in the last few months (like January or February), as it locked up. But since then, apart from the standby thing, it's working fine.

Bizarre. My 722 still shows the screen saver w/tips that move about, when it's in standby mode. What firmware do you have?

The firmware is L674.

I do get the screen saver with the tips, but instead of just saying "Press Select to watch TV", like my 211 does, it says something like "Your receiver is currently off. Press Select to (yada yada yada)."

It used to go into standby without a hitch - I'm not sure when it started doing this instead, but I know it's been a few months.

I believe they changed that wording on the same firmware where they changed the aquiring signal screens. L667 possibly (on 722k.) L670 on 722.

Last edited:
The clue to you should be you still press select to just like before. If it was really off, there would be no screen, the TV would indicate there is no signal, and hitting select would not turn on the receiver.

Ah, OK. So the problem is with Remote Access, and not the receiver itself. Thanks for the help.

Huh?? Not sure what remote access has to do with it. As posted, the wording simply changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts