722 TV1 issue

chia

Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
Receiver is connected to a SD TV. TV2 is HD. Is there any way to receive HD channels on TV2, without making the HD set TV1? I cannot move the receiver to the TV2 location (not feasible) and it's approx. 50 ft. from the receiver so I don't think a cable is an option, but maybe I'm wrong. Don't want to buy a HD to replace TV1 until it's necessary and I can't swap TV's due to size limitations.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You can't get HD from the TV2 tuner but running a HDMI cable 50' isn't a problem as far as it working IF YOU can run the cable to the TV. I've got one HDMI cable running about 35' to one TV and another about 25' to another TV from a 2nd receiver. I've seen posts from guys running one much further than that. Get your cable from monoprice.com , great quality & price and fast shipping. Get one of the heavier cables and you shouldn't have any problem with 50'-----again, if you can get the cable to that TV.
Good luck!

Ed

Last edited:
Is there a way to get the HDMI or the Y/Pr/Pb wires to run over existing coax wire or speaker wires in the house? These wires are so expensive! I am also wondering if I can run a DVI wire wirelessly to my laptop or run DVI over existing coax or speaker wires as well. How much do 20-30 foot of DVI wires usually cost at the cheapest source?

Is there a way to get the HDMI or the Y/Pr/Pb wires to run over existing coax wire or speaker wires in the house? These wires are so expensive! I am also wondering if I can run a DVI wire wirelessly to my laptop or run DVI over existing coax or speaker wires as well. How much do 20-30 foot of DVI wires usually cost at the cheapest source?

No, there isn't.

Go to monoprice.com and take a look. Seems like I paid about $30 for a 25' HDMI cable but it's been awhile. The 25' one even runs along the OUTSIDE of my house to another room and went through one of the nastiest winters we've had in a while last year--no problems.

Ed

722 sits inside TV cabinet where STD tv is located. HD TV is located inside a kitchen cabinet over the fridge and fills entire cabinet. Installer suggested placing 722 on top of the fridge, which won't work because not enough room between fridge and bottom of cabinet.

The other thing you will need is to make TV1 "UHF Friendly".

Search the Forum and you will find details.

Basically there are two parts:
- Switching the TV2 remote to do TV1.
- Switching the 722 TV1 to "UHF".

I think you will need a second remote for TV2, because IIRC TV2 cannot be controled by "IR", so the included IR remote is useless to you.

You can get another remote from either DISH Network or ebay, but strangely enough, IIRC it is cheaper from Dish for very recent models like the 722.

Bad for ventilation - overheating causes a good portion of 622/722 problems.

Also, that would require routing a new dish-to-receiver wire. :(
Well, if it was done similar to a VCR under TV mount, there would be excellent ventilation underneath since there's only a few inches of metal underneath. Slots could be cut in the side to allow for better airflow that way. No vents on top of the HD-DVRs.

Kinda ghetto, but you can take some pieces of angle iron and fabricate a mount. I would recommend spray painting the angle iron to match the receiver though once it was preassembled.