722 TV1/TV2 distribution output question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

miker57

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
Does the 722 Distribution output carry the OTA antenna signals along with the TV1 and TV2 channels? If not, what recommendations are there for combining the OTA antenna signals along with the modulated TV1 and TV2 channels?

I would like to be able to tune all the tv's on the distribution path to TV1 or TV2 or to any OTA channels I pick up via my OTA antenna.

The output for TV2 is a single channel that you pick. The TV2 UHF remote tells the STB to send a selected program/channel (or DVR program) out on the coax on the channel you selected. TV2 is tuned to the selected channel.

To watch OTA on TV2, which normally feeds TV1 only, you just start recording it to the DVR. Then TV2 can immediately pick up the program from the DVR, with a very few seconds delay.

Yes, you can use splitters/diplexers/distribution amp to feed all OTA channels to all TVs. I do.

In fact, I just tried this and works on yesterday !
The splitter can be used as combiner. Connect both of the 722's TV2 out and OTA antenna to splitter's "output", and spliter's "input" to the remote TV2.
In the 722's menu > setup > installation > moduler, the TV2 need to set to ANT Out to be combined with OTA Antenna. Or, you can set to Cable Out, if you want to combine with Cable TV (I have not tried.)

Also, the 722 need to be "Single" mode for TV2 to watch 722's OTA channel.

I have TV1 set to ch 56 and TV2 to ch 58. I wanted to know if the 722 combines the OTA input signals with the configured TV1 and TV2 channels on the distribution output. so that I would have OTA channels 2-45 plus Tv1 on 56 and TV2 on 58 available on the distribution output.

I will try the splitter approach if there is no passthru of the OTA input to the Distribution output. Thanks.

No, it doesn't. Just do the DVR recording trick I discussed above.

I have TV1 set to ch 56 and TV2 to ch 58. I wanted to know if the 722 combines the OTA input signals with the configured TV1 and TV2 channels on the distribution output. so that I would have OTA channels 2-45 plus Tv1 on 56 and TV2 on 58 available on the distribution output.

I will try the splitter approach if there is no passthru of the OTA input to the Distribution output. Thanks.

No passthru.

Originally Posted by winwin2:
No, it doesn't. Just do the DVR recording trick I discussed above.

I agree that "Dual" Mode needs to do the DVR trick, but in the "Single" mode, I "do" see the 722's OTA channels from TV2 !
In "Single" mode, what you see in TV1, is what you get in TV2.

Thanks for the replies. Can any splitter be used as a combiner by reversing the multiple output's to input's and the single input as a single output?

I have been looking for ways to combine multiple VHF/UHF to a single output and found that there are some hard to find product that do this (using F-type connectors). I didn't think a basic splitter could do this.

I have three inputs that are using VHF and UHF channels.

Input 1 = a Video device that outputs on Ch 3 (VHF)
Input 2 = Dish 722 TV1/VT2 Distribution output Ch's 56 & 58 (UHF)
Input 3 = OTA HD channels which are currently UHF but will be a mix of UHF/VHF as of Feb 2009

Can anyone recommend a specific splitter that will combine all these inputs to a single output?

[/quote][/quote]
Thanks for the replies. Can any splitter be used as a combiner by reversing the multiple output's to input's and the single input as a single output?

I have been looking for ways to combine multiple VHF/UHF to a single output and found that there are some hard to find product that do this (using F-type connectors). I didn't think a basic splitter could do this.

I have three inputs that are using VHF and UHF channels.

Input 1 = a Video device that outputs on Ch 3 (VHF)

Input 2 = Dish 722 TV1/VT2 Distribution output Ch's 56 & 58 (UHF)
Input 3 = OTA HD channels which are currently UHF but will be a mix of UHF/VHF as of Feb 2009

Can anyone recommend a specific splitter that will combine all these inputs to a single output?

The other tread discuss in more detail:
"Combining and Diplexing Signals"
I use a basic spliter w/5~806MHz works for me, in your Input 2&3. The attached explains the splitter/combiner.

Your Input1 can only travel a few feet.

Attachments

• Super_Home_Node[1].pdf
    162.1 KB · Views: 973
I am currently using a VHF/UHF combiner for Inputs 1&3, and it goes the distance just fine. But I have a problem with that when HD OTA goes to mixed UHF&VHF in feb 2009.

OT a bit: Beware to anyone that bought a HDTV antenna that is only UHF. Many stations revert to the native VHF stations for digital broadcasts come Feb 2009. Most will need a combo UHF/VHF attenna to get all your OTA HDTV stations.

I'm planning ahead and trying to take advantage of the 722 Distribution output at the same time. Great info. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts