722 wirelss gaming adapter issue

djqwikcut

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 4, 2009
USA
I had a VIP622 with a netgear gaming adapter plugged into the ethernet port which then made it wireless to my network... all worked fine.. the 622 had an issue and they replaced it with a 722.. NOW the same gaming adapter does not work. I cant get any IP address with it. Does anyone know what could be causing this??

I have tried everything I can think of with out any success... the installer just unplugged the ethernet cable from the old unit and plugged it into the new one...

Thanks...

No one knows why?? it is a NETGEAR WGE111 which worked 100% on the 622 BUT on the 722 it wont pick up an IP address and I can not go to one of my PC's and enter in the IP (I set it to a static IP).... HOWEVER, I can plug it into a laptop and it works just fine!

I don't think the 722's Ethernet port is any different. But it does seem like it's dead. Can you temporarily plug it in via wired Ethernet to make sure it's working?

yes If I run a cable from the 722 to my router it gets an IP.. so it has something to do with the gaming adapter and the 722. I dont know what is different as this adapter works on the 622...

I would reset the adapter back to the factory settings and us a computer to configure it fresh.

OR did you ever change the IP settings in your router? Maybe your router is out of DHCP addresses? Take a look at your routers log if it has one to see if the adapter is even trying to connect to it.

Power cycle the wireless adapter.
Power cycle wireless router.
Hook the adapter up to your pc and redo the initial setup.

No, you shouldn't have to do any of these but they will cure a multitude of sins.

Good Luck.

That resets the NIC on the receiver and not the adapter. The adapter needs to be connected to his home network first.

I am aware of this. However, OP states that other receivers work just fine with it, and his laptop works fine with it, which tells me that it might not be the adapter, and that the adapter is already connected to his home network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)