722 with OTA Resets when scanning OTA channels

rich-peart

Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
TN
722 with OTA Resets when scanning OTA channels
After 3 different 722 Receivers, and different OTA Antennas and an onsite tech visit,
my 722 with a built in OTA module is still down.
This started about 3 months ago using L724 software.
After many calls to Dish they said that L725 was supposed to solve this.

I got L725 on Tue 7/17, but still have the same problem.
Does anyone have this problem??
Dish says it is happening with the 722 & 922
Thanks !

No, but I haven't rescanned in many months. After your report, I'm afraid to try!

I have not seen any issues with the 722, only the 722k. There is also nothing similar to this problem on our known issue list.

Do you have an aplifier connected to the OTA?

Thank you for reporting how you got a few arrows in your back. I, too, certainly won't be doing a rescan anytime soon.

Towards the end, the 722 I just turned in a few days ago during my hopper upgrade would reboot occasionally when I tried to tune an OTA channel. It really sucked because sometimes I would tune to an OTA channel by accident (down or up arrow) and it would interrupt my recordings...

Everything was fine until it started Re-Setting when you would tune to a local OTA Channel like cosmo kramer's was doing.
After I got my first replacement box, I could not Scan Locals anymore.

IF you know the digital numbers of your ota channels , then why don't you just ADD them manually to your ota menu? My Fox station is 40.1 . My Cbs is 24.1. My Abc /NBC are both 12 vhf and it creates 12.1 and 12.2. I just added them manually and I didn't scan them at all. Try doing it that way .

Do you has a NON K Receiver (722 or 922) ?
When I go to Scan or Add the receiver RE-Boots / Resets
Thanks for the suggestion

IF you know the digital numbers of your ota channels , then why don't you just ADD them manually to your ota menu? My Fox station is 40.1 . My Cbs is 24.1. My Abc /NBC are both 12 vhf and it creates 12.1 and 12.2. I just added them manually and I didn't scan them at all. Try doing it that way .

When using this method, remember to enter the channel number at which the TV station transmits. The "transmit" channel may or may NOT be the same as the channel that displays in the guide or any info banners. This all changed after the nationwide digital transition as mandated by the FCC a few years back. For example, in my part of western North Carolina, WBTV-3 in Charlotte transmits on channel 23 and WSOC-9 transmits on channel 34. This is so longtime viewers still see the familiarity of the heritage channel number, though it can be very confusing when manually adding channels to TVs, tuners, etc, for viewers using over-the-air antennas. Then there are stations in my area who transmit on their familiar/heritage channel like WSPA-7 in Spartanburg and WLOS-13 in Asheville.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)