722k acquiring signal every day, is my strength on 129 the problem?

wmcneil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
Raleigh NC
I have a 722k, am located in Raleigh, NC. I was getting the "acquiring signal" dialog each and every day when I turned on the receiver for the first time that day. In the details dialog under System Info, I was getting an error message about lnb drift on 129 with a -8 in the message. Dish came out and installed a new 1000.2 dish.

Now I am getting the "starting up" dialog, followed by the "acquiring signal" dialog each and every day when I turn on the receiver for the first time that day. Under the details dialog under System Info, it is currently reporting the following:

Tuner0
Oribital: 14 15 16 21
110 75 68 75 72
119 78 86 87 80
129 41 48 41 69

Tuner1
Orbital: 14 15 16 21
110 76 68 76 71
119 79 85 87 78
129 41 48 41 67

Value: 7: -2

Is the problem that my signal strength on 129 is near the minimum threshold? Maybe the new dish wasn't peaked properly?
Or is my receiver suffering from some other hardware or software problem? I do have a OTA tuner in the 722k, but I am
always leaving the receiver on a satellite channel when I turn it off for the day.

Your 129 signals aren't that low, look elsewhere for the problem. Have you tried a hard reset?

I have done multiple hard resets....When I first turn the box on for the day, sometimes the box will progress from the "starting up" dialog to the "acquiring signal" dialog on its own, other times it appears to be hung at the "starting up" dialog and I have to do a hard reset.

If you have an off air antenna hooked up take it off and delete the off air channels as a test.I recently had to unhook my antenna because of weak signal causing random reboots with the 722k.Trying that will help you narrow down the problem.

You should not see the starting up splash screen unless your receiver is reset. Try removing the ota cable and see if the problem persists.

it is NOT supposed to do that when you turn it on...unless you turn it on by flipping the switch on a power strip. make sure the thing is plugged in all the time. but if it was fixed by removing the ota thats good to know.

I have left my local channels deleted, and my OTA antenna unplugged. Today I got a acquiring signal screen again. These are my values for 129:
t19 t20 t29 t30
38 49 51 50

So I have a new 1000.2 dish (new two weeks ago, installed by dish technician). Is the problem that 129 signal strength on transponder 19 is marginal?
Or do I have: * mis pointed dish * bad 722k * other? I am trying to get as much info as possible before I call dish, because of the runaround that always involves.

If you are using HDMI try temporarily switching to component to see if that clears it up. Some people (particularly with Samsung TVs) report issues with the TV turning the receiver off. I forget which setting it is but there may be a setting on the TV to disable this "feature." I believe it is related to "Anynet+."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)