722K and ling adapter on IE8

S10ZR2, I see your issue already. I am going to post the "Requirements" here so you can see the issue with HD streaming. I know you are on the same network, but you are accessing an external website to see the feed that was "Slung" (is that right term?). For those of you with similar issues, see here if you can find the "wrench in the gear" so to speak (this information, though formatted differently, is available on the the DN website):

Requirements

• HD Content through DRA / DISHOnline.com
    • Network Bandwidth of 3 Mbps or better
    • PC
      • Intel 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo class processor or equivalent
      • 2 GB of RAM
      • Video acceleration support desirable on graphics card
      • Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
      • Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or later, Firefox 3.5 or later
    • Mac
      • Intel 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo class processor or equivalent
      • 2 GB of RAM
      • Operating System: Max OS X 10.5.7 or later
      • Browser: Safari 4.0 or later, Firefox 3.5 or later
  • SD Content through DRA / DISHOnline.com
    • Network Bandwidth upload of 600 Kbps or better
    • PC
      • Intel Pentium 4 class processor or equivalent
      • Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
      • Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or later, Firefox 3.5 or later
      • 256 MB RAM
    • Mac
      • Intel-based Mac
      • 2 GB of RAM
      • Operating System: Max OS X 10.5.7 or later
      • Browser: Safari 4.0 or later, Firefox 3.5 or later
  • SD Content through Mobile Device
    • DISH Remote Access mobile app installed on mobile device
    • Network Bandwidth upload of 150 Kbps or better
  • HD Content through Mobile Device
    • DISH Remote Access mobile app installed on mobile device
    • Network Bandwidth upload of 150 Kbps or better
If you are not sure of their broadband speed check out the dish.com/getconnected site to run the DISH Network Connectivity Test Tool, or you can contact your ISP provider.

--EDIT-- IMHO, USE Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test from a computer connected to your network the same way the receiver is to get the most detailed information. Once on that page, simply click "Begin Test". It will give you latency, download, and upload speeds that will help in troubleshooting or determining network capability.

Also, check for firewall issues if you have an issue connecting. Bridging the modem and router has also been known to help with connectivity issues. Also, remember that barely meeting the specs can still lead to intermittent issues, so be mindful of other things that may use the network at the same time.

Tony, this makes sense. So even If i had a fast pc, I would still be bottlenecked by my isp's upload speed since I am accessing it thru IE8. Am I correct on this? If I am, will the sling catcher access the dvr thru the internet, or go directly to the dvr? It would be nice if there was a way to access sling thru the dvr instead of having to go thru the internet. Kind of like how I can access my web server on my network thru it's ip, not by using dns. Any way we could get this added in the future? It would cut down on traffic on Dish Network servers as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts