722k and my remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
OK...I know we have threads about the lack of response the 722k has when using the remote. Lately my 722k would just outright stop responding to my remote. So this afternoon I sat down to watch some TV. I picked up the remote and all is fine. 722k is responding quick as lightening. Then all at once it stops responding completely. So I get up and squeeze behind my entertainment center and pull the plug on the 722k. I wait a few minutes and plug it back in, still no response to the remote. Nothing...except the TV controls, but they go straight to the TV. Then I put my hand over the front of my remote, completely covering the front and front side of the remote, and use my other hand to push the buttons. Bam! Works like lightening again...as long as I cover the front of the remote with my hand, it will work the 722k no matter where I point it...So, what's up with that? I know my Samsung LCD gives off the interfering waves when it's first turned on, but turning on the Sammy and the 722k not responding hasn't been the issue. Like yesterday, when I first turned on the TV, my remote and 722k worked fine, but then, after a while, it's started acting up until there's was no response what so ever from the 722k.

Any suggestions on what to do? Nothing has changed in my set up, and this is a brand new remote from Dish that I got a month ago.(And, yes, the batteries are fresh too.)

I've puzzled and puzzled, till my puzzler has wore out.

Ghpr13:confused:

I thinks it's the interference caused by the TV's auto-backlighting, aka, auto brightness. It depends on the light levels in the room, so it can be inconsistent. Turn off the TV. Change the channel on the receiver. Turn on TV. If channel has changed, then that's the problem. Turn off and or all auto lighting/leveling controls.

I thinks it's the interference caused by the TV's auto-backlighting, aka, auto brightness. It depends on the light levels in the room, so it can be inconsistent. Turn off the TV. Change the channel on the receiver. Turn on TV. If channel has changed, then that's the problem. Turn off and or all auto lighting/leveling controls.
Thanks KAB, I give that a try later.
Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)