722K and Sony TV HDMI dropouts

dk21

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2010
PA
Hi all,

We've had a 722K attached (HDMI) to our Sony KDL-40V5100 for some time now without any real problems. Once in a long while the sound would stop working and we'd have to pull the plug on the TV to get it working again. Sony found the problem and released a firmware update for the TV so I applied it. Now everything works fine except for the 722K. Approximately every half hour to an hour while watching TV or something off of the DVR audio and video drop briefly, then resume.

I would normally point fingers at the firmware update, but I can watch a blu-ray without any interruption.

Is there anything anyone can suggest to try and get this resolved?

Thanks!

Have you tried a new HDMI yet? Did you get an expensive one or just an average one. I've seen a few go out, and it's cheaper than blaming the tv

Haven't tried a new cable yet. I suppose I could. It isn't the TV, at least not the TV alone. Other HDMI-connected devices work fine. This behavior is limited to the VIP722K.

I would try a different HDMI port on your TV before buying a new HDMI cable. If the problem follows to the new port, then this would indicate the HDMI cable. If it doesn't follow, then try an RCA or component cable from the 722k receiver to your TV to see if that clears the problem. If if doesn't clear the problem, then it could be the receiver.

Chances are that it is a glitch in the stream as opposed to a local problem. Last week I recorded the latest episode of King of Thrones and the breakups were every few seconds and sometimes every other word. There seemed to be some "lightning" streaks in the video as well.

Are you going through a HTS or is the hdmi connected directly to the TV? This was extensively discussed in a thread I started earlier this year. The most likely thing is some sort of interference. When directly connected to the TV people have reported static type noise. A HTS seems to suppress the interference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)