722K and two King Domes

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
I have two 9762 King Domes connected to a VIP722k. It is set for the Dish Western Arc (110, 119, 129). I am in Grand Junction, CO so all of the satellites are relatively high in the sky. The dishes/receivers work fine for 110 and 119. The receiver struggles with 129. Channels drift in and out. I get an error message that the receiver has lost reception to the channel (GSN for example). When I press the guide or menu button, the channel appears without a problem in the upper right hand corner of the screen. When I press the View Live TV button, I get the reception error message. If I press the guide button, the channel is restored to the upper right corner.

The 9762 is an in-motion dish. When the channel is coming in clearly, I can put the King Dome into idle so it stops moving. When I do that, the channel comes in clearly and reception doesn't drift in or out. If I take it out of idle, it will lose the channel in a short while.

Either the King Dome is not happy with the signal (its strength reads a lot lower than the other two satellites) and continues to try to tune it in better or the receiver is sending additional commands to the dome. I don't really understand how the two units talk to each other so I have no idea how to diagnose the problem.

I am afraid if I call King, they'll complain that they don't support this setup and if I call Dish, I'll get the same message. I spent a month in Dallas setting it up and it worked without an issue. Can anyone give me some guidance?

I'm surprised you got a King Dome system to work that well. Might be better off looking at the Winegard "X" antennas.

But hopefully someone here, or at RV dot net, can help.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I can switch to eastern arc, but I'm not sure the locals are there. Since I'm in western Colorado (I'm almost in Utah), can I receive it here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)