722k capabilities

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
navychop said:
Silver Sensor. Here.

Terk is generally not thought highly of.

I have no experience with OTA antennas so I am wondering how well this one works. We r 25 miles from most of the towers we need. Would this work well enough for a trial to derermine if we want to lut oit the bucks for an roof mointed unit

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

There are a LOT of variables- urban vs rural, topography, transmitting power, actual transmitting frequency, etc. It MIGHT pick up some stations at 25 miles. Generally, with a good rooftop, you can get up to about 60 miles. If none of your stations is transmitting in VHF, or even VHF low, you can get by with a UHF only antenna.

Silver Sensor. Here.

Terk is generally not thought highly of.
I'm afraid I have to disagree on that one. I own both a Silver Sensor and a Terk HDTVa (amplified) which can easily function as an HDTVi (unamplified) with removal of the amp. Both cost the same amount, and their performance is very similar except the Terk also functions for VHF frequencies, as well as having the amp. So IMHO the value is much higher with the Terk.

The TV2 SD output. Home Distribution is just what Dish calls it.
What is it with you guys and failing miserably to mention that TV1 is also included in the Home Distribution mix? Home distribution carries two (2) modulated SD signals: TV1 and TV2. One channel for TV1 and a different channel for TV2.

What is it with you guys and failing miserably to mention that TV1 is also included in the Home Distribution mix? Home distribution carries two (2) modulated SD signals: TV1 and TV2. One channel for TV1 and a different channel for TV2.

It should be called Tuner 1 and Tuner 2 and TV1 and TV 2 for output. Would make things much clearer. The TV 2 output can play back any recordings made by any tuner on the dvr in SD format.

As can TV1. I don't see the distinction you're trying to make.

On my 722 there is only 1 Home Distribution signal. In dual mode, you can only watch TV tuner 2 live. You can only watch tuner 1 if you are in single mode. As I said, you can watch anything on the dve in SD on the TV 2 output. So you are saying that the 722k can output 2 different signals. That I did not know.

If you are in dual mode, you have live access to both TVs (whatever happens to be playing) on two different channels that you define.

and to further clarify .. the Home Distribution ... is the coaxial output on the back of the receivers..

part of the reason its called home distribution is because there's an option ... which suggests the power output can be different.. for when the Home Distribution (coaxial port) is in Direct Mode or Home Distribution Mode (direct to one tv or distributed to several)

And to the "both output" ... in a 722k (don't know the spec on the 722) you can output both Tuner1/Tv1 and Tuner2/Tv2 simultaneously ... like you would connect the coax cable to your tv, tune to channel 63 and get Tuner1/tv1 output ... tune to channel 65 and you would get tuner2/tv2 output.

This is also how you can have a "whole home dvr" if you accept having the SD signal to any remote tv via the coax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)