722K connection to Internet- wireless?

Taylork

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
Ok, I am finally thinking about getting a home (wireless) setup for my internet and hopeful use of said wireless to connect to my 722K. However, when I read the materials about hooking up to the internet to a receiver, they are all saying either a direct connection into a router (mine would unfortunately be in another room, of course) or a connection using a Ethernet adapter that runs through the electrical wiring.

No where does it say you can use a wireless connection. I presume this is due to possible RFI interference to the equipment. All that said, surely it can work (work defined as reliably) just as well as running an adapter through electric lines in the house???

I know my HDTV can run wireless but of course Samsung suggests their wireless connection/adapter. Surely, with all the wireless stuff out there, it can work *reliably?*

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. (note: I didn't find a thread on this, but I have to admit I didn't look terribly hard.)

IDIOT 101 (me)
I have been reading up on the DISHCOMM setup (amazing what you find if you check out the user manual) and am now thinking this is the way to go. I presume the connection is actually BETTER than wireless based on what I have read. Also, it is more or less completely built into the receiver already! My only concern is we have lots of dirty power due to lightning around here, I guess I will have to try to find a power strip or backup that is homeplug compatible. You guys are too nice to browbeat me about discounting the powerlines when apparently it is a very viable option!

IDIOT 101 (me) ...
And of course you can connect your 722k using an wireless ethernet game adapter (Ethernet). My wireless router sees my PS3, Xbox360, Wii, Dish 722k, and all of my computers.

I have all of my A/V gear on a large UPS and did not want to contend with possible problems trying to use the house wiring.

The prices for the the adapters are allover the place, careful shopping will pay off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts