722k issue

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
In preparation for my upcoming transformation of TV2 to HDMI (via TV1) I hooked up TV1 tonight via Component to the 722k to try it out.

I have an issue, but this only seems to occur in Single mode which of course is the mode I'll need to be in if I want HD on both TV's.

A hum (edit: more like crackling), in other words static comes across mainly on my HD locals but on an occasional HD channel along with major lip sync problems. SD doesn't seem to be affected.

I've tried changing RF to line and this did nothing. All goes back to normal using Dual mode, but again this won't work if I won't two TV's with HD. TV2 is using coaxial until my materials come in to do this setup although I don't know now.

Can anyone help?

Plug the left and right audio into the TV2 composite outputs. I had the same issue and this works for me.

Thank you very much. Just did a search and looks like using Component and HDMI out of TV1 can continue to be set to Dual so that should fix the issue.

Thank you very much. Just did a search and looks like using Component and HDMI out of TV1 can continue to be set to Dual so that should fix the issue.

You can use Dual Mode. Just hook up the HDMI to the 2nd TV at the correct input and pick up a 2nd 21.0 remote, flip the key to "1" and use it to control the TV1 tuner via UHF. Keep the 2nd TV connected with the coax to the TV2 tuner to use with the original 21.0 remote should the need arise to have indepenent viewing--SD, as it has been.
Dunno why you're having this audio issue in Single Mode though.:confused:With component hooked up to the TV1 tuner you should be able to have the analog audio connected to the red/white outs of TV1. If you have an A/V receiver run an optical cable to it from TV1.
Yer welcome.........
Ed

There's always 21.0 remotes on ebay at good prices.............

Last edited:
When you're in Single Mode the TV2 Output is alive with the same content as TV1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)