722k issues

WALLYWOMBAT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2009
Lately i have been seeing a lot of signal loss resulting in the loss of portions of recordings. The dish has a clear view of the sky. A reset sometimes will help alleviate the issue for a time, but it always comes back. Is the 722k dying on me? Signal strength is hi 70's and average temp is 127 degrees. Thoughts?

Well 127 is higher than liked but you could have problems other than receiver failure. Have you checked for LNB drift? Is signal strength of 70 on 1 satellite and just 1 transponder or on all 3 satellites and all 32 transponders on each satellite?

Do a System Info. Box a will tell you the status. I was getting partial signal loss until I discovered lnb drift. LNB was replaced and no more loss.

Have you run a check switch test on your receiver? If not, please run the test and let me know the results. As dwarren2 stated, you may have LNB drift. Please let me know. Thanks.

Lately i have been seeing a lot of signal loss resulting in the loss of portions of recordings. The dish has a clear view of the sky. A reset sometimes will help alleviate the issue for a time, but it always comes back. Is the 722k dying on me? Signal strength is hi 70's and average temp is 127 degrees. Thoughts?

I may be wrong, but isn't it a ystem Info test that will show up status in box a as good or bad? Not the check switch. I switched to the Hopper last Dec.

The check switch test provides more information about the signal and the switches it detects, where the System Info screens is a quick display of the information from the receiver. Thanks.

I may be wrong, but isn't it a ystem Info test that will show up status in box a as good or bad? Not the check switch. I switched to the Hopper last Dec.

Had my wife run the check switch and everything ran smoothly there. Was there anything specific I should have had her looking for?

I just did both tests on one of my Hoppers. I did not see where in details on the check switch screen it said anything about the lnb, only ports. It was on the System Info test in the status box that I get the report of either Good or an error and when my lnb had drift in it, that was where it was reported.

I have a strange and incredibly irritating issue. Over the last few weeks, both of my 722k's have started to crash and reboot themselves in the middle of watching both live and recorded programming. This would be way less surprising (though no less irritating) if it was happening on only one box. Only one box has an OTA module installed (and it is not presently connected to an OTA antenna). Both boxes are probably 4 years and a few months old. Here's another oddity: I just tried to watch the NCAA championship game from the opening tip a short time ago (too busy to see the whole thing when it happened live), and the upstairs 722 crashed during my first replay attempt, just before opening tip-off. So it reboots, and I try again. It crashes again at exactly the same time. Third attempt, same result. So 4th attempt, I go to 300X replay and blast past that part of the game, and after that, playback is fine for a while. (Had limited view time available, but it was okay for about 10 minutes.)
So any thoughts on this from anyone? Both boxes just croaking at the same time? Would a bad signal fix somehow make the boxes reset themselves? (I've lost signal fix without ever having this crash behavior happen before.) Been with Dish a long time, dating back to the late 90's, but the Mrs. is getting really cranky. Any help welcomed.

Thanks Wally I will do that. Here's an update though -- today for the first time, one of the two 722k's is now displaying the Disk Failure message.

Big Thanks to Dirt

Just want to give the DIRT team a big thank you. After having the LNB replaced I still had the same problem and quickly got a new receiver sent out. So far no more signal issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)