722K OTA module installation question

After thinking about a few things, I had a few questions.

Since i am going with Dish-- I plan on using the 722k tuner and then possibly adding a second one later. With that in mind do I need to have the feed that comes out of the Dish and OTA antenna split into two to support the one receiver now and the future one? Does that change the type of diplexer I need? Also , should I get one that is weather proof?

Also I am looking at the diplexers, and it seems that this one, at least, will allow some DC power (?) to pass thru to the off air antenna.

Channel Master 4032IFD Dual Satellite Antenna Diplexer with DC Pass High Performance UHF/VHF Dual Satellite Dish Diplexer Signal Combiner with Weather Boots, Part # 4032-IFD: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Office Furniture, TV Antennas, Audio/Vid

Channel Master 4022IFD Dual Satellite Diplexer UHF/VHF with DC Pass High Performance In-line IF Dual Satellite Diplexer Digital Video Signal, Part # 4022-IFD: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Office Furniture, TV Antennas, Audio/Video, Satellite, C

Dual Diplexer DIRECTV Approved Satellite LNB Amp TV Antenna 40 - 2050 MHz Combine Signals from Dual LNB Signal Satellite Off-Air Cable TV Signal, Part # DD-212PE: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Office Furniture, TV Antennas, Audio/Video, Satellit

Eagle Aspen D-3000+ Satellite Diplexer Trunk Grade Pro Commercial 40 - 2050 MHz 2 GHz Diplexer Combine Signals from LNB Signal Satellite Off-Air Cable TV Signal, Part # D3000: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Office Furniture, TV Antennas, Audio/Vi

Get the ugliest one .... odds are it will work far better than the others. I'm referring to the CM-4220, of course.
Unfortunately, it may not pick up VHF ch 7 very well. 10 is a possibility. But, 7 will be very very tough for what is basically a UHF antenna.

The same goes for the Square Shooter that Rhapsody listed as a possible choice. It may be marketed as being able to receive VHF, but it simply doesn't by all accounts.

Unfortunately, it may not pick up VHF ch 7 very well. 10 is a possibility. But, 7 will be very very tough for what is basically a UHF antenna.

The same goes for the Square Shooter that Rhapsody listed as a possible choice. It may be marketed as being able to receive VHF, but it simply doesn't by all accounts.

Would the Channel Master CM 3010 Suburban STEALTHtenna (CM3010) work better for that?

Build one of these in the video below for less than $10.

I built one for my mother last weekend just to see if it works since I set her up with a 722. I haven't installed the OTA module yet. But hooked it to the tuner on her Phillips TV. Her stations range from 17-34 miles. It picks up everything as well as my CM-4228 on a 30' mast. Shocked the heck out of me. And it is sitting behind the entertainment center in the house. Once I put it in the attic, it should do better.

[youtube]EWQhlmJTMzw[/youtube]

Back to the OTA module, why is there a TV2 output on the module? Does it have to be used in place of the one on the main unit?

Look at the Eagle Aspen (DTV-2BUHF) a 2 bowtie that is same as CM4220/DBS-2. find them online for $12-15 I have one and I get ch 11 40 miles away and only 15 ft up. Stay away from diplexers and run a cable just for antenna.

Look at the Eagle Aspen (DTV-2BUHF) a 2 bowtie that is same as CM4220/DBS-2. find them online for $12-15 I have one and I get ch 11 40 miles away and only 15 ft up. Stay away from diplexers and run a cable just for antenna.

When they refer to this as "directv approved" does this mean it wouldnt' work with Dish?

What is the difference between this and channel master?

It looks like its on UHF.

I'm almost ready to order.

Thank everyone on here for helping me.

Narrowing it down from these three-- which would you prefer.

Winegard GS2200 Sensar III Amplified VHF/UHF Antenna System (GS-2200)*

Channel Master 3010 Outdoor Rooftop UHF/VHF/FM HDTV Antenna*

Eagle Aspen Dtv2Buhf Directv 2-Bay Uhf Antenna/Channel Master 4220M Mid-range outdoor rooftop UHF antenna (These seem to be the same thing)

*these seem to be similar designs. Would one of these be better made?

I have diplexors on my setup with a terk 44 clip on antenna and I am receiving the following signal strengths on my ota setup;

Abc 100
Cbs 93
Cw 93
Fox 100
Nbc 100

Not bad for diplexors .

Anyone prefer any of these?:

Winegard GS2200 Sensar III Amplified VHF/UHF Antenna System (GS-2200)*

Channel Master 3010 Outdoor Rooftop UHF/VHF/FM HDTV Antenna*

Eagle Aspen Dtv2Buhf Directv 2-Bay Uhf Antenna/Channel Master 4220M Mid-range outdoor rooftop UHF antenna (These seem to be the same thing)

How many outputs will come off the Dish if I am in the Eastern US and a new Dishnetwork install?
I've heard the physical satellite dish itself is a bit bigger for customers in this region due to the location of all the satellites (birds) in the sky.

I am trying to figure out if i need a multi line switch/diplexer before the installer comes.

Thanks so much.

It comes with three possible cable runs and no extra multi switch is needed. It is already built in to the lnb itself. The 1000.4 sat dish for eastern arc is only a slightly bigger than the 1000.2 sat dish for western arc.

Do they generally run one cable for each receiver?

If I only have two sets in the beginning, and decide to add another later down the road, how would that work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)